Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Testing IC2-KL Power Supply  (Read 458 times)
AJ4CU

Ignore
« on: February 01, 2009, 08:35:52 PM »

Hi All,

I have a Power Supply for the IC-2KL and before I post it for sale I wish to test it.
Is is as simple as jumping two pins on the power plug and looking (testing) for power out?

Thanks in advance..

73 DE AJ4CU

Hari  

K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 04:46:51 AM »

Pins 3 and 6 are the switch connection for the mains. Pins 5 and 2 are the high current supply, and pins 1 and 4 are the ground. There is a startup delay circuit, which will delay the full output for a few seconds.

What do you want for it? What about the 2KL?

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

AJ4CU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 01:30:51 PM »

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I do not have the RF Deck otherwise I would be using it as I type this.

I guess a fair price would be around 500.00 shipped or make a reasonable offer.

73  DE  AJ4CU

Hari
KE3WD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 04:36:55 PM »

Checking for voltage output is one thing, but ideally you would want to see what the supply can do under load.  Keeping voltage regulation under load, check for AC ripple to be in spec under load, etc.  

Without the RF deck, the only way to test under load would be to use a resistance pile of some sort, which may be a bit hard to find or not, depending upon who you are and where you are kind of thing.  

If not tested under load, consider selling at a lower price and state such in any advertising, or at least arrange with the buyer to make good if the thing doesn't perform as it should.  

All that said, if it makes the regulated voltage under any reasonable load at all, it should be okay.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: