Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A3S manual problem?  (Read 258 times)
M5RIC

Ignore
« on: July 10, 2003, 08:49:27 AM »

Hi

I'm just assembling my A3S have have noticed that there is a problem.

Parts EE are smaller than what the manual says they should be.

I measure them to be around 118cm instead of 188.1 as per the manual.

Any help please?

Richard
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 09:42:28 AM »

Ah, Cushcraft strikes again!

A few years ago, I had a similar problem with one of their vertical antennas. In my case, it not only didn't agree with the manual, it wouldn't fit inside the next tube as it should have. My first inclination was I had assembled something incorrectly. Turns out Cushcraft's manual is wrong, and the part shipped with the antenna was too! I think it took them 3 weeks to correct the problem. To top it off, the antenna never worked as advertized and Cushcraft eventually replaced it with a new one which I gave away. No more Cushcraft for me.

I hope you have better luck than I had.

Alan, KØBG

N2MG
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2003, 09:54:11 AM »

I looked at the manual online

http://www.cushcraft.com/support/pdf/a3s.pdf

and it appears they made a poor conversion from inches to metric.  Since inches are native to Cushcraft, those are more likely correct.

The part labeled "EE" is 46.5 inches long which converts to, as you discovered physically, 118.1cm, and not the 188.1cm they list in the manual.

73 Mike N2MG

W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

If any amateur has a QUALIFIED and MEASURABLE quality problems (this includes support) with Cushcraft ---  Then these facts should be forwarded to the ISO 9001:2000 quality manager at Cushcraft.

IF this is ignored, then the ISO 9001:2000 certification auditor - in this case: TÜV Management Services division of TÜV America of Danvers, MA can be contacted.
-----------
Complaining on eHam.net improves nothing.  With ISO 9001 certification manufacturing and commerical firms are required to have a Quality and ISO 9001 program maanger to address quality issues.
-----------
BTW, I have informed Cushcraft of this English to Metric conversion error and requested that their Quality Manager be informed.

w9gb
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: