The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transmit and Receive  (Read 3744 times)
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2003, 08:00:54 AM »

OBSERVER11 Wrote:

"YOU are the troll."

TO OBSERVER11:

YOU STILL haven't answered the question!!!

Why is is OK for you post, while not using a Call Sign, and it apparently is not OK, by your reckoning, for 114 to so the same?Huh?

Dennis - KG4RUL
W9SZ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2003, 08:45:33 PM »

Why not just use the 751 for transceive?  That rig has split capabilities if you want to transmit on a different frequency than you're receiving on (necessary if working DX pileups).  And the 751 is a more modern radio with more features than the FT101E.
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2003, 07:35:20 AM »

Observer wrote:::
now, please tell me, WHY you want to use a FT101e and the IC751A? The IC751a is a better receiver, the FT101 uses TUBES, both will work on DC, the 751a has WARC bands... the 751a is just a better radio. Why bring that old candle burner into the mix?
sorry RUL, we called tube rigs CANDLE BURNERS at Yaesu)>>>

I can tell you why MOST people would want to use the FT101 for transmit and 751A for receive.

AM sucks on the 751A. The ALC causes severe negative carrier shift on audio peaks. When you operate it on AM, it doesn't sound good at all. Overload is bad on the FT101 so it doesn't work with strong close-frequency stations, like you would have in the CB band.  

So if I were going to work AM on a crowded band with close spaced stations, I'd want to transmit with the FT101 and receive on the 751.

This is why I am reluctant to help people with Ham gear unless they have posted under a valid license, especially when they defend CB'ers as a better class of people.

73 Tom
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 11:08:50 AM »

To OBSERVER11:

A Troll is one who DOESN't validly ID themselves.  

That being said; Why don't you E-Mail me your real call and then, I will publicly apologize to you, and I will never reveal your call to anyone else?

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!!!!!  The ball is in your court!!

Dennis - KG4RUL
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: