Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RTTY Info  (Read 667 times)
N1ZHE

Ignore
« on: December 29, 2003, 11:13:30 PM »

I recently got into PSK31 and RTTY. I don't know why, but RTTY really has hooked me.

Are there any good info sites online that explain operating procedures, etc?

Any tips??

I'm using a Rascal GLX interface and MMTTY.

David, N1ZHE
K8JDC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 02:02:36 AM »

David,

I, too, like RTTY.  It's wonderfully simple and efficient.  One central web resource I use fairly often is www.ac6v.com.  If you go there and click on "RTTY Operation", there are a few websites listed there.  I can't remember using a particular website that I thought was great.  The ARRL Operating Manual and Handbook are always good resources.  I have done most of my RTTY operating on 20m (around 14.080), but have operated on 80m/15m/10m as well.  I don't think I've worked RTTY on the WARC bands (yet).  Even with my modest station and antennas, I've worked some very fun DX on RTTY.  For some reason, I personally enjoy RTTY more than any of the other digital modes and I've worked most of them.  Hope this helps...

Dave
AD6WL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 12:02:31 PM »

RTTY is a great mode for ragchewing but it is a must if you want to work DXpeditions and Contest in digital mode or if you want to work for digital awards like DXCC, WAS, WAZ.

Here are a few websites.  Some are for RTTY contesting but there is still a lot of information on setting up a RTTY station and operating.

www.qsl.net/mmhamsoft/mmtty/

www.rttycontesting.com

www.aa5au.com

Finally another great source is the RTTY mailing list that you can join at www.contesting.com at the bottom left corner of the screen.

I hope this helps.
73, Jim
AD6WL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: