Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TVI  (Read 544 times)
AC4FD

Ignore
TVI
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2004, 11:09:22 AM »

Thanks Matt,  Now I have a better idea of your situation.

With the new information that you have given us I have two more ideas.

1.  You have a bad VCR and somehow the 2 meter frequencies are mixing with something in the VCR causing the Interference on Channel 3.  One way to check this is to connect your antenna directly to the TV and put it on Channel 3.  If the interference is no longer there... then the issue is most likely with the VCR.

2.  2 Meters is mixing with an external source. Do you have a local FM brodcasing station or perhaps A local TV station on channel 6. If it is true that you are picking up a Repeater 28 miles away... then something has to be turning your VCR into a tuner capable of receiving on 2 meters. I guess that another question I have is if the intereference is contious (whenever someone is talking there is interference) or if it is intermittent.  If it is intermittent... then you can suspect an external source that does not transmit all of the time... like a paging transmitter or other local communications transmitter.

Using a different VCR will help to determine if it is coming from an External source or if it is a bad VCR. If it is coming from an External source then it is still possible that the mixing could be taking place within your VCR. Do you have an neighbors nearby that complain of the same problem?

If it is mixing in your VCR then the stub filter that the gentleman mentioned previously may help.

As a side note... the channel 18 than you mentioned that is on 2 meters is actually CABLE channel 18 and not the standard UHF Channel 18 that is on your TV.  You would not receive Cable channel 18 on a TV Antenna.

I hope that this information helps to lead you to a solution.

Randy

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: