Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIT kit for SW+40 m  (Read 330 times)
N2MOX

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2004, 12:11:59 PM »

Hi ya gang,
 I know the RIT kit for the SW+40 m is no longer around, but if a person wanted to install one on the radio, how does one go about it? I myself really don't have a degree in this stuff, it's all pretty much new.
 Afew days ago I ordered the little rig, and started to go over some of the Elmer 101 course pages....REALLY NEAT! Hope you guys out there do it again Smiley I'd really like to be able to shake the guys hands who had a part in all of that. I don't think that it's ever been done through-out history....what tribute to our hobby!
 I've been reading, and what I have found says that Dave Benson of SWL has stopped selling the rit kit because the parts are no longer around. So any help in this area would be great.
 Also would it be possible, and not to difficult to add alittle bandwidth (wide to narrow) to the little rig?
 Well thx again
...god i love this hobby Smiley
KC8VWM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 10:57:24 PM »

>>>I know the RIT kit for the SW+40 m is no longer around, but if a person wanted to install one on the radio, how does one go about it?<<<

Well, you would go to the Elmer 101 site and look at the schematics?

http://www.qsl.net/kf4trd/mods.htm

That was your question right?
KC8VWM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 11:04:54 PM »

In addition to Elmer 101 site, there is also presentational materials based on the design of the SW+40 transceiver kit from Small Wonder Labs.

The lessons have been created and available as a PowerPoint slide show and can be downloaded from:

http://home.earthlink.net/~hamkitbuilder/elmer101.html
N2MOX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 02:24:37 AM »

Hey guts,
 Thx for the info. I'll be sure to check these things out when I can get the chance. Does anybody have any idea's on my other ? for adding some bandspread?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: