Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transistors  (Read 286 times)
N4SNL

Ignore
« on: June 17, 2004, 04:40:09 AM »

I need finals for a TS-940S and the drivers and I need to know if anyone can tell me a good place to get these without spending a fortune. I like RF parts but price is a bit steep. I have heard that the RED low beta finals are hard to come by! Why? Anyway, if anyone has a good site I can check out my wallet would thank you immensely. Current price for both D's and F's is over $200.00. It has to work to use or sell! Thanks,SM
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 09:16:03 AM »

Well, there is always Kenwood! This is a fairly new radio, and unless you did something out of the ordinary, the finals should have lasted many years. What went wrong?

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 11:14:11 AM »

It would be helpful if you specified the actual transistor part numbers, (such as 2SCxxxx) rather than just saying "drivers and finals" for a 940.
    But RF Parts is about your best bet; other sources are liable to be even more expensive.  RF Power transistors typically are NOT cheap by a long shot!  Good luck.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 06:41:16 PM »

To use an old expression, you get what you pay for.  If you do get the cheapest parts available, chances are they are going to be the lowest quality parts you can get.  Bite the bullet and get the parts from a quality source--as said, RF Parts is probably the best bet.  You really want to be able to use the rig without having it let go in the near future, or if you sell it, you don't want the buyer to try to come back at you, do you?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: