Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hy-Gain Towers  (Read 221 times)
KL0S

Ignore
« on: July 04, 2004, 08:32:42 PM »

Although Hy-Gain retains the word "Towers" in their company name they are not currently producing any towers. They will fabricate tower bases for those of you who have to move your tower to a new QTH. Beyond that they currently do not stock any other replacement or repair parts for their former line of towers. Hy-Gain was purchased by MFJ several years ago and I have asked them to please look at supplying at least cable replacement sets and associated hardware. Martin Jue's office (MFJ) informed me that (1) they are interested in having Hy-Gain produce towers in the future and (2) based on customer requests will consider making a first step by carrying repair parts again.

I'm sure there are lots of Hy-Gain towers out there, getting a little long in the tooth by now. So if you think you'll need repair parts in the future a note to MFJ may help them make their decision to support us.
N4MJG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 09:19:44 PM »

i have too have hy gain tower up to 40ft,only way you might do is see if anyone have old tower,i was lucky find one from my friend of mine had it.anyway  never know someone out there get for sale and maybe parts too.

Jackie
KG4ORX
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 09:57:28 AM »

I can bet one of the items Martin Jue is having to face is the liability issue. When Rohn started making towers the term "Liability Lawyer" was a figment. Nowadays, you can't even make a nail without liabilty coverage and you might be surprised at how expensive it has become. Add governmental regulations (have you noticed all of the stickers applied to modern towers and masts?) and the task is daunting. These two factors (governmental regulations and liabilty coverage) were the two main factors for Rohn's fall. Worse yet, there are laws in the works to remove the statute of limitations for most liability claims. If I were Martin Jue, I wouldn't touch it with a 50 foot pole!

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: