Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRB-1, CC&R... PB&J? BLT?  (Read 1275 times)
W3DCG

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2002, 12:19:47 PM »

I'm looking for clarification...

I have no idea what PRB-1 means, nor CC&R for that matter.

Would someone please clarify?

I know that these, perhaps acronyms (?) are hams' worst enemy, and how would I discover, whether or not I live in a neighborhood or subdivision whereby these restriction might apply to me?

I live within the city limits of Atlanta on the Fulco/Cobb border.

Perhaps in 7 years I'd like to try a crank-up 50 footer with a- 40m quad (right, in my dreams), or at least a 20m delta loop.

Thanks all,

Darin,
W3DCG/4
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 02:06:55 PM »

You're not kidding-?

PRB-1 is the first official Memorandum and Order from the FCC's Private Radio Branch (PRB), and dates back to 1985.  It's been in force and effect for seventeen years.

Full details, as well as a copy of the entire PRB-1 text is located here:

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/PRB-1_Pkg/

CC&R = Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions.  These are deed restrictions invoked specifically on the deed to your property.  If you have any, by law they should have been disclosed prior to your closing escrow and taking title of your property, and your signing purchase documents is an agreement that you have read, understand and agree to abide by those restrictions.

Once you take ownership of property, it's a bit late to be looking into whether restrictions apply!

WB2WIK/6
W3DCG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2002, 08:46:02 AM »

...oh goodie someone actually responded- i was hoping the references to food might attract an intelligent reply, as hams tend to be amongst the finest gastronomists on Earth...

Whew! Refinanced about a year ago...saw no such fine print or otherwise.  

Now if I put in my order now, perhaps in 5 or 10 years Santa will drop a couple Hex-Beams down my chimney! Hooray...
Yes, I know those fall into the Less Visually Impacting category, but they look so bizarre- passers by would likely think I was trying to communicate with Extraterrestrials.  It could serve to confirm their suspicions that I'm either a lunatic [i do so love the moon], or worse- a spy!

Thank you for your reply, Steve.

You're truly an oracle.

Awsome 20m signal, too!

W3DCG/4.
What's that?  I don't have a chimney? (Without my delusions I'd quickly fall into despair).

WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2002, 09:52:35 AM »

Cy, welcome back to the fold.

Hexbeams work a whole lot better than "nobeams."

The food references will get me every time, but if you mentioned lobster w/drawn butter and a baked potato, I'd have responded a bit faster.

Oracle?  Wish I had founded it.  My buddy Larry seems to be doing very well these days...

73!

Steve, WB2WIK/6
K8VZ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 02:52:29 AM »

Actually, in GA, it's no one's responsibility but the buyers to find the CC&Rs. So you can't blame anyone but yourself if you don't look up the CC&Rs before you sign on the dotted line.
W3DCG

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 09:53:58 AM »

Wonder where one digs for such Conditions and Restrictions?

County Records department? City?

Not that it matters from the stand-point of living wherever one is before becoming a ham...

But without question a requirement if looking to buy.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2002, 06:23:22 PM »

I've found them two ways, by using a Title Search company, and by going to the County offices and doing deed research on my own.  Either is time consuming and obviously very specific, since you can't deed or title search a whole town -- it goes by zoning codes and lot numbers, sometimes even by street address.

If you're buying (or looking) at properties for sale via Real Estate Agents, it's much easier.  The spec sheet for the product being sold should have a space to mark off for CC&Rs, either YES or NO.  If it says NO, they'd better be correct.  If it says YES, I'd either ask more questions or walk away...

WB2WIK/6
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2002, 08:53:35 PM »

Given the 'high' level of ethics in the Real Estate industry, I think a legal mandate to reveal ALL encumbrances, including CC&Rs, applicable in all states, is long overdue!  This does not mean an 'oh by the way' at the time of the close of escrow.

Dennis - KG4RUL
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 10:24:21 AM »

I haven't bought real estate in "all" states, but here in CA, it is mandated (law) that CC&Rs be disclosed on the original listing document, which is typically a one-page REA form.  Obviously, the details and wording of the restrictions cannot be contained there, but it's a "checkoff" box indicating the presence of deed restrictions, or not.

Same goes for disclosing whether the home/property is in a flood plain, greenbelt area, and other variables that impact the cost or availability of insurance.

WB2WIK/6
KL7IPV

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2002, 08:03:25 PM »

Well, Steve, I have seen you called all sorts of things on eHam but "oracle" has to be a first. Does that mean you are coming up in the world now? LOL
Frank
KL7IPV
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2002, 06:40:03 AM »

I thought the Oracle was at Delphi.

But I'd rather trade bank accounts with Larry Ellison, the C.E.O. of Oracle (the company)...I see his private jet landing here all the time, kinda makes me wish I had one of those, too...

WIK
W9WHE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2002, 01:25:58 PM »

JUST BECAUSE YOU REFINANCED AND SAW NO RESTRICTIONS DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE NOT THERE.

First: Look at your deed. Does it say something like "subject to easements and covenants of record" Huh Or subject to terms/restrictions recorded in the plat of survey of ...."  Huh Hint:  What covenants/restrictions are there of record? You need to look. Also look at your title poloicy for the same language. Then, go find whatever recorded documents are referred to in eiher your deed or title poloicy.

Second: is there a Home Owners Association (HOA)?

Hint: If there is a HOA, there are likely covenants which limit your rights and give the HOA control.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: