Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TM-D700A - Cut Control Line Acc. - Need Help  (Read 303 times)
KD5WUV

Ignore
« on: July 15, 2004, 11:46:39 PM »

OK, Mistook control head line for ground, spliced control head line with a blue automotive pass-thru-new line splice.  

Radio was on, went dead.  

Pressing the reset button on the main body of the radio powers the mic on for 2 - 4 seconds and the radio dies.

Was advised by a fellow ham that there is a fuse on the board where the voice chip is also located that could have blown.

Thru testing with another function radio, we found that the control head works.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what may be the problem.  I really do not want to send the radio to the east/west coast
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 01:17:18 PM »

Sorry to put it so bluntly, but bite the bullit and send the radio.  The line you spliced into is a data line.  Putting any voltage onto it probably blew the logic chip that controls the radio.  The only way to fix that is to have it professionally repaired.
KD5JFT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 03:16:51 PM »

I am the "other ham".  The only good news in this was that we hooked his control head up to my radio and the head still works.  Missed you at Ham Holiday yesterday.  Got a small tower there.  Will be posting lots and lots of questions in the Tower area.  

Matt, call me; I have an extra top section (8ft), you might be able to put it on your roof if your mom will let you.  Help me put up my tower and the extra section is yours.

Craig
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: