Print  
Author Topic:  (Read 4074 times)
WD6EJN

Ignore
« on: January 02, 2003, 05:56:06 PM »

RE: WAS worked all streets!
                   by WD6EJN on January 2, 2003
                   Mail this to a friend!
                   If you live in an apartment or condo with antenna restrictions (gee
                   there must be someone else out there besides me with antenna
                   restrictions!! or you would have joined my club a long time ago)then
                   you know
                   how valuable it would be to have a place on the web to go.
                   I canceled the Yahoogroups as there was no interest.
                   so now I am looking for a free .com site.
                   I need some suggestions on a name for the site ex:
                   PRB-1.com, cc&rs.com, was.net etc.
                   any suggestions would be appreciated.
                   By the way, I will be calling "cq cc&rs" or "cq attic antennas" or "cq
                   loc" (local) "de wd6ejn" cw on
                   40 or 80 meters, for once I may have an antenna that
                   works! but will only qso with anything other than "dx"
                   for a short while.
                   Flying a kite antenna is marginal at best, but it beats
                   being indoors watching the neighbors walking around with clipboards.
Did you know you can send Morse Code with a handie talkie?
What about these new portable ham rigs with mhz/ghz
capability?
you could go on 440 simplex or ghz with a dish antenna
then qsy (never use q-signals on repeaters, it has a strange effect on some hams!)to an hf frequency,,how much do you want to bet some Aussie will hear your qso
and try to break.
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2003, 12:28:06 PM »

I've read your five posts here and I'm still not sure what you're trying to say.

I see you live in Camarillo, which is not far from me (in the Valley), and obviously have antenna restrictions.

Why not move, to somewhere there aren't?  It's too bad my townhouse is already occupied by great tenants, or I'd offer it to you...it's a condo, alright, but without antenna restrictions.  I made the CC&R's go away when I lived there and became HOA president, and we voted to not enforce the restrictions, effectively making them disappear.  

There are lots of rentals available with similar situations.  Possibly it's easier to complain than to move (having moved 15 times, I'm pretty familiar with moving), but moving accomplishes more...

Steve, WB2WIK/6
WD6EJN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2003, 05:05:26 PM »

I don't seem to be very well read!! what is it that no one understands?
It just hasn't been possible for and many others due to economic reasons to live anywhere they want.
So...I still don't understand what is it you don't get?
All I am trying to do is have a (aprs type) site where hams can look up and see who is on with an indoor antenna.
Why doesn't that make sense?
K9PO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 12:16:39 PM »

I have to admit I am confused too. After reading all of your posts (which is not easy BTW) all I can figure out is that you may want to build a web site, or an APRS station, or are trying to get an icon next your name. Not sure what the goal is.

It is difficult to understand because your command of the english language is not very good and there is a lot of extraneous information in your posts. I think you should try to just focus on the goal of each step. Then when those have been understood focus on the process of achieving the goals.

Scott

K9PO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 02:33:35 PM »

I went back and reread you posts. Let me see if I can help by offer some suggestions on orgainzation and strucutre so that you can make your point and get others to assist you.

>Mail this to a friend!

Why? What will the friend do with this? You need to have a specific request.

>If you live in an apartment or condo with antenna restrictions (gee
>there must be someone else out there besides me with antenna
>restrictions!! or you would have joined my club a long time ago)

Umm, what club? Shorten this up by getting rid of the parathentical.

then
>you know
>how valuable it would be to have a place on the web to go.

Nice opening line.

>I canceled the Yahoogroups as there was no interest.

But you jsut said how valuable a web pressence would be yet you just closed the web site.

>so now I am looking for a free .com site.
>I need some suggestions on a name for the site ex:
>PRB-1.com, cc&rs.com, was.net etc.
>any suggestions would be appreciated.

So, you are going to re-establish the web pressence with a new domain name in hopes of atracting people to participate. This is where your message gets garbled. You need to be clear on what you are asking for, members for a web site or are you asking for a web site domain? getting the domain set up and running is the priority here after that then go out and get members. Use a new message for that goal.

>By the way, I will be calling "cq cc&rs" or "cq attic antennas" or "cq
>loc" (local) "de wd6ejn" cw on
>40 or 80 meters, for once I may have an antenna that
>works!

This is a change of topic and should have been a new paragraph. Perhaps, even better a new message as it does not fit with the above mentioned requests.

>but will only qso with anything other than "dx"
>for a short while.

Why? Maybe it does not matter and you should consider not even mentioning it.

>Flying a kite antenna is marginal at best, but it beats
>being indoors watching the neighbors walking around with clipboards.

Another new pargraph. Is this your "antenna that works"? This could be a whole new subject in another forum on kite antennas and does not below with your domain name request.

>Did you know you can send Morse Code with a handie talkie?

This is a whole new subject and should be in another message.

>What about these new portable ham rigs with mhz/ghz
>capability?

What about them? Again keep your over all point in miond and that is to get a domain name and set up a web site. This is a new discussion and does not belong in your message.

>you could go on 440 simplex or ghz with a dish antenna
>then qsy (never use q-signals on repeaters, it has a strange effect on some hams!)to an hf >frequency,,how much do you want to bet some Aussie will hear your qso
>and try to break.

Don't even know what your trying to say here. You should probably leave this for another message once you sort out what your point needs to be.

I hope these suggestions help you acheive your goals. I am not trying to pick on you or flame you, the last I checked I had not won any prizes for my writing skills either. However, if you want to achieve something via the written word you need to focus on the one topic and provide the arguments as to why someone should agree with you. A simple but basic organizational strucutre is the introduction, body, and conclusion.

In the intro tell your audience what you are about to speak to. THen in the body tell them the details. Finally in the conclusion re-state what you just told them. It is also important to put the information into a contest that can be understand and related to with a specific value of the information.

If I were to re-write your request it would look something like this;

"If you live in an apartment or condo with antenna restrictions then
you know how valuable it would be to have a place on the web to go.

I am looking to set up a web site for the discussion of restricted antenna stations.
I would appreciate assistance in getting a free or very low cost domain name and server space for this site.

If you are interested in antenna restricted stations and sharing experiences then I could use you help with the web site. Please contact me via____"

73 es gud luck

Scott

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: