Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOM 706MKllG  (Read 374 times)
SIREX

Ignore
« on: August 04, 2004, 02:24:02 PM »

I just bought a new Icom 706MKllg.  I have a problem and was hoping someone could help me out on it.  I am at my wits end and do not want to send it in.  Here is the problem:  When driving the 2 meter recieve cuts in and out. If I stop and am not moving it is fine.  It only happens on 2m.  HF works great and my transmit is fine.  Here is what I have tried: 4 different antennas and 2 different mag mounts.  The radio is grounded and all connections ie. mic, coax, power etc. are fine. I cannot figure this out, again it only happens on 2m recieve, 2m transmit is fine. Transmit and recieve on all other bands are ok. And it only does it when I am moving. If you have had similar problems please let me know.  I have only had this radio for a little over 2 weeks.

Shayne, AA9FU
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 02:41:41 PM »

You sure you don't have the squelch turned on?  It can be activated for "all modes" (not just FM).

Check this first...

WB2WIK/6
K1DXB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 03:40:36 PM »

Hi,
It sounds like the squelch is incorrectly adjusted.
I had a similar problem with one of my rigs.
Good luck, Ward
AA4PB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 03:43:20 PM »

Other than the squelch issue, it must be either vibration or voltage related to do it only while moving. You should be able to check the voltage by runing the engine up while receiving. For vibration, just tap on the case.
K6AER

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2004, 03:45:15 PM »

Your not sitting on the mic are you?
K2WH

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2004, 04:31:21 PM »

Certainly sounds like a loose connection in the radio or the squelch control software setting.  Go into the setup menu and look at how you have the squelch control configured.

K2WH
SIREX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2004, 06:50:02 PM »

I figured out what it was. I WAS SITTING ON THE MIC!!

No really I have adjusted the squelch and it is ok.  ICOM said to send it to them it might be a loose connection in the radio.  Thanks for all the comments and suggestions.

K6AER, Mike we have worked twice on 20m (Old Call KC9FFU) I see you still have your sense of humor.

Shayne, AA9FU
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: