About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HF RIG  (Read 214 times)
AA5RM

Ignore
« on: September 10, 2004, 08:22:23 AM »

I HAVE A MINT CONDITION TS-940S MATCHING SP-940 SPEAKER A 2 MONTH OLD ALS-600 SOLID STATE AMP WITH ALS-600PS POWER SUPPLY A ATR 30 ANTENNA MATCHER LEGAL LIMIT 4 MONTHS OLD AND 2 MC-60 DESK MICS BOTH WORK VERY GOOD A HAM FRIEND WANTS ALL THIS AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO ASK FOT IT IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA LET ME KNOW.

THANKS BOB
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 11:12:55 AM »

Look up the new prices.  Then if the equipment is fairly new and in near mint condition you might ask about 2/3 to 3/4 of the new price.  If it is older and/or not in near mint condition (i.e. scuffs and so on) about 50% of the new price would be reasonable.  Of course this assumes that it is all in working order.

Comment:  All capitals makes a post very hard to read.  Besides that, on the Internet, it is considered shouting.
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 11:13:27 AM »

Look up the new prices.  Then if the equipment is fairly new and in near mint condition you might ask about 2/3 to 3/4 of the new price.  If it is older and/or not in near mint condition (i.e. scuffs and so on) about 50% of the new price would be reasonable.  Of course this assumes that it is all in working order.

Comment:  All capitals makes a post very hard to read.  Besides that, on the Internet, it is considered shouting.
N8FVJ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 12:23:52 PM »

I would ask $2K on eBay, but for a friend, $1.5K. Perhaps I am a poor business person.
KZ1X

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 05:50:59 PM »

Well, I will reply without SHOUTING at you...

TS-940S I'd say is worth about $650 in good shape, with the box and manual

SP-940   I'd throw it in with the rig as a deal sweetener; it doesn't match other radios, maybe the 950SDX, I dunno.  Never got into matching speakers, myself.  They are a huge profit maker for the manufacturer.  How much can a metal box and a speaker cost?

ALS-600 / ALS-600PS If it's clean, working, woth boxes and manual, and as you say, only 2 mos. old, it's worth about $950.

ATR30   I might pay $250 for it but probably closer to $200.  With good condition TenTec 238 units going for $275, it's hard to get more on the used market.  Most tuners depreciate rapidly.

(2) MC-60    well, one I'd throw in with the rig, and the second I'd sell on eBay for whatever I could get for it (but no less than $40).

Another guy made a less itemized but similar price range suggestion.  He was right, of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: