Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RADIO SHACK Revamps!  (Read 1403 times)
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2004, 02:01:01 PM »

I have to admit that the only purpose that Radio Shack serves for me these days is to provide a slim chance (if I'm lucky) for me to run and pick up a (very common) part I need to complete a project late on a Sunday afternoon.

BTW, someone mentioned that Allied was out of business.  Call 1 (800) 433-5700 or go to

www.alliedelec.com

and they will send you a 1,504 page industrial catalog.  While I'll admit, you'll find no more CW Transmitter Kits, Code Practice Oscillators or SW Receivers in this catalog, you WILL find a host of test equipment, parts, hand tools, soldering equipment, cabinets and enclosures, etc.  Much of the same stuff I used to buy regularly at Radio Shack.

Terry, WØFM
KC0KBH

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2004, 04:17:02 PM »

How can they even call themselves Radio Shack?
KB9FMV

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »

N4ZOU

Must be a communist! At least I can say I served my country ! Thats more than BUSH CAN SAY!
WD4CHP

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2004, 04:43:54 PM »

I worked part time for one of the local Radio Shack stores.The manager was also a ham. Other stores knew that there were hams at our store and sent customers to us with radio problems. We also helped the CB'rs with their problems. The store had others that were experts in other areas and we educated each other. Good training of the employees in important in any store.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2004, 06:11:26 PM »

When the local store manager found out I was a ham he wanted my home number to give to his customers if they had a technical question.  Did he get it?  No.  DSid he offer a job?  No.  Said he wouldn't insult me with what he had to offer.

Cell phones + batteries + Low pay + no worthwhile part inventory + Chinese 'junque' = Radio Shack.  A dried up shadow of what used to be.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: