About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ht 600  (Read 1295 times)
RONNIEBIGBUCK

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2004, 01:30:58 PM »

sirs where do i get programmer cable and software for this rado thank you   KC2LNB
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 01:40:38 PM »

Ronnie,

The programming cable (RTK4205C), RIB box (RLN4008B) and programming software (RVN4005F) are available from Motorola Parts Department, (800) 422-4210.

One note:  Beware of pirated copies of the programming software.  Motorola is aggressively prosecuting individuals in possession of pirated versions of their programming software.

Best DX,

Terry, WØFM
RONNIEBIGBUCK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 02:40:21 AM »

terry thank you very much for the info i have this HT-600 in very good shape and would like to use it. i need to put in the club freq 's i was told how tough this radio is .
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 06:41:58 AM »

Ron,

The HT600 is as solid as a chunk of concrete.  They are like the Energizer Bunny.....just keep going and going.
I have a bunch of them in my business (since about 1989) and just can't make myself part with them.  BTW, the Motorola P200 is the same radio, different color.

Terry, WØFM
W4SNP

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »

Regarding any RSS or CPS software from Motorola they DO NOT stock software for any of the old radios such as MT600, MT1000, Maratrac, etc. This software was discontinued sometime around 2005. I jumped through all the hoops signing software agreements, setting up an Motorola On-Line (MOLN)account and was approved to buy when they told me this. I was told by the MOLN representative this after waiting for 15 minutes while he consulted with their "technicians". His suggestion was to use either a Motorola Service Station (MSS) or one of the eBay progamming providers.

With all that said, lot of luck using a MSS they typically are buried in their repeat customers and charge a fortune.

I spoke with MOLN on 17 January 2012.

73, good luck
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 12:59:34 PM »

W4SNP is right, if you have to pay shop rates to program them it would cost more than the radios are worth.  I've ended up with a number of HT600's, MT1000's and P110's that way, because commercially you can't afford to support them and hams typically don't have the equipment to do it.

I've fixed untold numbers of these radios so I wouldn't use the words "concrete" or "tough" necessarily, though with reasonable care they can last a long time.  I've still got a few in service as ham rigs and batteries from the secondary market are reasonable, so as long as they work I'll keep on using them.  You can still get some of the hardware/case parts from circle M.

Your best bet is to find someone that is set up to program them "on the side".  I don't know about the later releases of the RSS but the versions I have will not run on anything newer than an 8088 DOS machine.  From what I understand they used the bus clock in the PC for timing, and as PC's evolved with faster and faster clock speeds, the software may run but the I/O won't.  So even if one were to homebrew the interface and cable, and "obtain" a copy of the RSS, you still need an 8bit DOS machine to run it on.

I keep a couple 8088 laptops around just for programming my "fleet" of legacy circle M radios.  Who would've thought the radios would outlive the programmers.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM

WB8VLC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »

But it was available almost 8 years ago from MOL, this is an old revived post from 2004
W4SNP

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »

The only reason I mentioned the MOLN quandary is because there are a lot of people out there who have been following the instructions from these old Forums (not just eHam but Radio Resources, etc). I thought maybe some current insight as to what happens when you follow the procedure would save another person the time and trouble. I got sucked into this by by buying a MT1000 that dealer mis-programmed one channel, he fixed but it was a long wait sending it back and forth.

By the way the MT1000 is a great radio works better than my ICOM W32 with its low and crappy audio for the price I paid for it.

I just got back from the hamfest in Richmond and several Radio shops were there peddle every thing from HT60 to Maratrac radios as operable in the ham bands without offering the service of programming. I actually had one dealer give me a box of HT600, P200 and a rapid charger for next to nothing just because I wanted one for parts. He wanted out of his shop since the end of the line for these radio happens at 0000 hours on 1 January 2013.

KB4RIZ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »

What exactly does this mean?

"...the end of the line for these radio happens at 0000 hours on 1 January 2013..."
KB5ZSM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 12:19:11 AM »

That is the date that commercial radios will all have to use narrow FM to allow more users to fit in to the spectrum allotted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: