Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aviation Headset - need builder  (Read 544 times)
N4ZW

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2004, 07:10:55 PM »

I previously posted a question on how to interface David Clark aviation headsets for ham radio use.  The circuit was apparently shown in the 12/03 QST on page 57.  Is there anyone out there in radio land that would be willing to build an enclosed interface for me? I can't see well enough to solder anything anymore and would be willing to make it worth the while.  Thanks in advanmce and Vy 73  Glenn, N4ZW
KG4USN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 12:11:55 PM »

I would like one of these too.
Thanks
Regards to all
KG4USN
KC9EII

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 12:45:53 PM »

Well, I am thinking about building the adapter. I am going to build one to check it out and then I would consider building them for other hams. The things that vary is the microphone in the David Clark, mine is a M101/AIC and the connector for driving the ham rig. Let me know your thoughts

Jeff, KC9EII, kc9eii at arrl dot net
KC9EII

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »

Another variable is the connector on the headset. Some are U/174 like mine, some are phone plugs.

KC9EII
N4ZW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 01:16:35 PM »

My headset is David Clark model H10-60 and the wiring schematic is at the David Clark website under the description of the headset.  The mic plug is a "TT" or Tiny Telephone and the audio jack is a 1/4" mono (which needs to be converted to stero for my Orion.)  The mic itself is a M7-A.  Thanks for the replies and if anyone is truly interested in building these, I'm ready to guinea-pig.  Vy 73, Glenn, N4ZW.
AL7B

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 07:41:09 PM »

I have a collection of information I used when adapting my DC headsets for use with a 2 meter rig in my airplane.  This was done years ago and based on information in Ham Radio Magazine.

I would be happy to pass the info your way as a PDF if you think it would be of any help.

73, Dick
Anchorage, Alaska
N4ZW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 07:51:23 PM »

Thanks, Dick...I would appreciate that very much.  The email is osbornegg@bellsouth.net.  Vy 73  Glenn
KC9EII

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2004, 05:43:35 AM »

Dick, what a wonderful offer! Could I please get that PDF also? Thanks, Jeff

kc9eii at comcast dot net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: