Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Undisclosed CC&Rs  (Read 1538 times)
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003, 05:07:17 PM »

I'd second K4NR's suggestion about a buyer's agent--though it's probably WAY too late for the original poster.   I bought a house for the first time, about 6 years ago, and having a realtor assist us in shopping, deciding, negotiating, and buying was, IMHO, absolutely invaluable.  Lots of people may disagree, but after seeing what our realtor did for us, I'd never try to buy or sell without a good agent.    Maybe in this case a good agent would have known that the CC&Rs the buyer was shown weren't the full and active ones--a valuable lesson for me if I ever move!  I hope things work out well for the original poster!  --Ken AC4RD
N8UZE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 07:04:50 PM »

RE: Undisclosed CC&Rs  Reply  
by KG6JEV on November 8, 2003  Mail this to a friend!  
The only restriction I've been made aware of, is if the antenna falls, it has to fall entirely upon your property.

This caveat can unnecessarily restrict your ability to erect an antenna.  Note that there generally is no such restriction on commercial towers or on TREES.

According to data presented at a recent town council meeting in my area, the number of towers that fall is insignificant in comparison to other items including trees.  Interestingly enough the main item causing a tower to come down is a tree falling on it or its guy wires.
W1RFI

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2003, 08:56:48 AM »

> The only restriction I've been made aware of, is if
> the antenna falls, it has to fall entirely upon your
> property.

Do they place the same requirement on trees? FAR more trees fall than antennas.

Ed Hare, W1RFI

W2MC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2004, 02:15:28 AM »

Forget the trees and commercial towers......

What about those doggone TELEPHONE POLES?

Right there, in a line, right along the highway....they fall over in big storms all the time, get run into by drunks, etc.  They can't possibly fall over and stay on the tele/power company's narrow little right of way.

And to top it off, I've only seen a crew dedicated to performing pole maintenance and inspection ONCE in my 40 years.  

And they worry about my little tower.

Jon
W2MC
N9FIK

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2004, 10:39:17 PM »

I am a little late to the game, but if CC&R was attached to the title and it was researched & filed and they slide new ones in on you -- you have a valid action against the title company.

I would let them know that you want to make a claim on your title insurance.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: