Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Radio Deluxe  (Read 247 times)
AH6ZZ

Ignore
« on: November 27, 2004, 07:02:06 PM »

Cannot get HRD to work with my TS-2000 -- works with the Argo okay (but slow -- anyone know how to get the Argo above 1200 baud?).  On the TS-2000, standard cable and Packet is turned off.  Help

Thanks
Tom
ah6zz
KD4TOQ

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 09:39:35 PM »

I use HRD on my TS2K with no problem, there are some issues with newer operating systems and serial adapters. Can you tell me what type of computer and operating system you are using and do you use a USB to serial adapter? You can email me at retief_99@yahoo.com. I use some older laptops with serial ports, and it is very simple. The newer laptops that do not have serial ports, just USB are a little more difficult at times. Also, what version of HRD are you using? You might also describe the problem you seem to be having. make sure that your serial cable is a "straight" serial cable with no "null modem" feature.

73's
Mark
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004, 08:40:18 AM »

In most instance you can not use a USB to serial port adapter for those purposes.  Since you did not specify your set-up, this may or may not be your problem.  However, the adapter won't support the switching functions you need to use.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004, 08:43:53 AM »

As far as the 'standard packet and cable' being turned off, you have to access the internal menus in the TS2000.  The manual should be able to tell you how to do that--you just have to read the whole thing instead of just reading the setup and basic use parts, something I too am guilty of, many times!    
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: