Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEED MANUAL FOR AEA CK-2 KEYER  (Read 848 times)
NU7J

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2004, 08:55:20 PM »

I just purchased an AEA "Contester" CK-2 electronic keyer at a hamfest today.  I wasn't looking for another keyer but the price was too good to pass up.  Unfortunately it did not come with a manual.  It seems to work but I can't figure out how to program it, change speeds, etc. without the manual.  If anyone can mail or e-mail a copy of the manual I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks and 73,

Tom, NU7J
Everett, WA
nu7j at arrl dot net
W4TYU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 06:06:30 PM »

I owned one a couple of years back. I think the loading procedure went something like this. there is a slide switch that says LOAD, move it to this position, press the memory you want to use (#2 for example) use your paddle to enter the information. then press the # again and move the switch to the other position.

Then when you press #2 you should play back the information.

It seems that there was a list of functions on the bottom of the device.

It will insert serial numbers and pause for hand entry of information such as RST.

Ole man JEAN
KI4GOT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 06:50:33 PM »

i have the manual, if you want a copy of it, let me know, i can scan it in. but the commands are easy...

*1 (hold 1 down) increases tone pitch
**1 decreases tone pitch.
*6 (hold 6)increases speed of characters
*7 decreases speed.

to set memories, push switch to load, hit number to record memory and key the message. to save hit #

to clear memory, hit the number then # without keying anything.  those are the basics that i've used.

N5OAR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 07:27:24 PM »

This message is old and you may not even have a copy of the manual, if you do can you scan a page and e-mail it to me on the directions of operation and programing.

Michael York
n5oar@suddenlink.net
N5OAR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 07:29:02 PM »

you still around after years of this posting LOL..I would like to have a copy myself or if you can email me a copy of the operating and programing of this keyer..

Michael York
n5oar@suddenlink.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: