Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!! N1MM logging program  (Read 2000 times)
N8IY

Ignore
« on: May 27, 2005, 02:08:21 PM »

I just downloaded the N1MM logging program. It looks great but I can't figure out how to change what band your on.

I am not hooking it to my radio so I can't use the auto-tracking funtion.

I'd like to use it on the WPX centest tonight. Can anyone help??

Sam N8IY
K0RFD

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:28:35 PM »

OK, so you downloaded N1MM, an extremely full-featured contest program, didn't read the manual, didn't connect it to your radio, and want to use it tonight in a contest?

You'll probably do as well in the contest as the amount of lead time you allowed for getting ready.

There's an N1MMLogger forum on groups.yahoo.com.

Post your question there and see what kind of reaction you get.  Oh wait, it's almost 0:00 Z.  No time to ask questions.  Sorry.
N8IY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 07:47:02 PM »

Sorry. I guess I should not have asked.

Just for your information, I did read the manual. I guess I am either dumb, blind or just plain stupid.

No, I'm not connecting my radio. Thats my choice, The program didn't say you had to. If you do, thats my mistake.

Yes, I guess I didn't have much time to get ready for the contest. Our computer crashed and I just got it up 3 days ago. By the time I got it back and running I didn't have much time to get it ready.

Unlike some, I can't sit in front of the computer or radio all day. I am busy with school.

Oh well, guess I just won't enter the contest......

Hope you are happy.

Sam N8IY
KB8YJU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 10:02:43 PM »

Page up/ page down.
N8IY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 10:37:26 AM »

Thanks.

Sam N8IY
N4ZR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 03:17:41 AM »

The manual is big but there are a couple of options -- under Help, check the Key Assignments.  You can also use Google from the Help menu to search the entire 300+ pages for terms like "change band" or "change frequency"

Re this specific issue, Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn will change bands.  You can also type any specific frequency into the callsign field in an entry window

73, Pete
W1FMR

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »

I am using Vista and downloaded the exe file and
installed it in programs then downloaded the update file and installed it.  The program will not run.

I am the owner/administrator

Do I click on the desktop icon named N1MM Logger ?
(nothing about that in the documentation)

When I do that it tries to load TurboTax....

But when I cancel that:

The first error message says :

Countries list is not up to date.  or something like that.

Then error 429, or something like that.

And that's it.

I am lost !!!

I downloaded it 3 times....and feel very stupid.

Jim / W1FMR
KS2G

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2009, 08:29:32 PM »

Hi Jim,

I don't know why clicking the N1MM desktop icon would launch another program, but you may be able to figure that out by right clicking on the icon, then Properties, and looking in the "Shortcut" tab at "Target" -- which shows you the .exe file to which the icon is pointing, and where it's located. If you did a standard installation of N1MM (accepting the defaults in the Instalation Wizard), that location should be:

C:\Program Files\N1MM logger\N1MM Logger.exe

Once you get that squared away, the first time you run N1MM or any newly-installed update, RIGHT click on the icon, and then click on "Run As Administrator".

You need to do that the first time, (but only the first time) you run the program or any update. After that just double-click the icon as you would to run any other program.

I don't know what Error 429 might be.

Once you get N1MM running, click on the Help menu, then Manual, view a pdf of the very extensive (400+ pages) operating manual. Save the file to your computer so that you can refer to it off-line. Start reading though it. The first 50 pages or so give you the basics on how to set it up and use it.

The message you're getting about the countries list not being up to date is telling you that you need to download and install the latest available DXCC countries file (wl_cty.dat) from the Internet. You do that inside N1MM by clicking on the Tools pulldown menu, then Download Latest County File (you must have an Internet connection running) which will take you to the http://www.country-files.com/cty/ page.

Scroll down that page to wher you see: "N1MM 8.6.2 and later" and click on the "WL_CTY.DAT" link to download the file and save it into the C:\Program Files\N1MM logger folder. Then, back in N1MM, run Tools -> Import Country List from downloaded file into the database you plan to use.

Once you get the hang of it, N1MM is a GREAT program.

Best of luck.

Mel - KS2G
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: