Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SuperAntenna MP-1 "cheat sheet" PDF?  (Read 336 times)
KC2ELS

Ignore
« on: June 22, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »

I own a SuperAntenna MP-1, and I like it a lot.

I've misplaced the little "cheat sheet" which tells me where to slide the sleeve for what bands, and it occurred to me that someone out there probably has a PDF or scan of the sheet.  I'm going to visit my local HRO to ask for a copy, but a computerized version would be really appreciated.  Anyone out there have it?

I contacted SuperAntenna and got no response, which was a little depressing since the antenna itself rocks.
KN7T

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 03:49:58 PM »

Yes, I'm in the same boat you are (need a copy of the "manual").  I had a similiar experience when attempting to contact the MP-1 manufacturer.  Disappointing to say the least.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 05:59:27 AM »

I had a similar experience with another antenna, asked for the sheet over e-mail to the company and got no responce.

I telephoned the company and spoke to the customer service people.  They put the sheets I needed into the snail mail system and I had them three days later.

One thing you have to remember is the e-mail you send gets routed to the appropriate department IF YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHICH DEPARTMENT TO SEND IT TO!  If you don't, it just may end up getting deleted.  A phone call, on the other hand, is interactive.  The person at the switchboard can ask what you want and you can answer them and get connected to the right department the first time.

People depend too much on e-mail nowadays, and there is too much of it being sent and received--if it isn't addressed properly most often it is just deleted.
KC2ELS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 11:58:29 AM »

Frankly, if a company is unable to properly handle incoming email, they shouldn't post a single address on their website.  This is 2005.  The Internet is common enough and email is common enough that this is a reasonable expectation.  Just dropping the mail because they can't be bothered to figure out what to do with it is irresponsible and bad business practice.

I'm not saying these folks did that, I'm just saying anyone who does in this era is plain foolish.

As for the sheet, I went to my local HRO and got a copy.  I'm going to be digitizing it, and when I figure out the right format (PDF or PNG or whatever) I'll post a link here.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 06:09:03 PM »

About the e-mail, yes.  The company should post the proper addresses on their website, and expects the e-mail to be sent to those addresses.  Lets say (keeping it simple) the addresses are:

parts@company.com,     information@company.com,     sales@company.com

OK, now these addresses are on their website, or maybe there are no addresses on the website.  

In the first case, where is an e-mail addressed to "specs needed" or "help" routed?  In todays world where companies may receive thousands of e-mails a day, probably to a person that does nothing but reads e-mails all day.  You may get an answer in a few weeks.  But that person costs money--so the e-mail is routed to another place, the dead letter office, more commonly know as deleted.

In the second place, if the address doesn't pinpoint a specific department, the same thing happens.  As I said, when a company receives thousands of e-mails a day, they don't care if a few of those e-mails go unanswered.  After all, they have thousands of customers--lose a few here, gain a few there--they don't care.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: