The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leather case for my new HT  (Read 610 times)
K3EDB

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2005, 07:14:25 AM »

I am looking for a source to supply a leather case for my newly purchased IC-T90A. I am not talking about the cheesy leather and plastic case that I find everywhere, but one that resembles the case I had for my FT-50RD. This thing was indestructable! NO plastic, and a very hardcore belt loop. The case to loop connector is all metal of the kind that you turn the rig upside down to connect and release. It uses heavy duty snaps to hold in the rig. I also have a similar case for my nextel work phone.

If any one has a link to a provider of this kind of case, let me know!

Thabks, Eric
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 08:37:59 AM »

Most of the leather cases that I am familiar with are manufactured for commercial radios.  Have you thought of finding a local leather worker and commissioning them to make you a custom case.  This gives you complete choice of color, finishes, etc.

Dennis KG4RUL
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 09:47:57 AM »

Finding a local leather craftsman may even cost you a little less than what you would have to pay for a custom case, let alone the cost for shipping and handling.

If you don't want to do so, try various other cases for other gear--such as cameras, etc.  One other place you may try is the supply shop for your local police or fire department.  Even though the cases usually come with their radios, they may carry replacements for them, and the prices may be comparible with the price of a leather case from a custom manufacturer.

I hope this helps you a bit.  73!
K3EDB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 11:55:27 AM »

Thanks for the info so far. I have some pics of the one for my FT-50RD at this link

http://www.k3edb.com/leather.html?1125859845296

I need one like this for an IC-T90A.

Hope someone out there can help me find a seller, or a leather worker who can make one for me!

BTW, I purchased the one for the Yeasu for $10 at a hamfest. I'm willing to spend more!
KA0GKT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 02:19:38 PM »

At the risk of invoking the "Radio Shack" Curse, have you looked at a Tandy Leather catalog?

Another possibility might be a Uniform supply company.  Bianchi makes a multi-fit radio holster in leather to match the Bianchi gun-belts.  http://www.bianchi-intl.com/

At the Uniform store, also look at Ripoffs http://www.ripoffs.com/  I use their CO-51S for my cell phone.  Check out their marine line.  The material isn't leather, it's ballistic nylon, and it holds up really well.

73 DE KAØGKT/7

--Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: