Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HF ant on mobile home roof -- how low can it be?  (Read 1679 times)
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »

<< but by explaining the antennas away, I've kept people from knowing that I'm a ham. >>

I can think of several replies to this, but you wouldn't like any of them, so I'll end my participation is this thread.

Lon - W3LK
Naugatuck, Connecticut

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KC5ZSR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 09:21:36 PM »

K1LDS,
The link below is a "been there-done that" piece by a ham who faced a similar problem to the one you described.  Maybe his solution would work for you.

http://www.geocities.com/wa8wqc/
K1LDS

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 04:44:28 PM »

His place is one of the non-metal homes, so he was able to run his wire right up against the building.

I guess I'm just stuck waiting until I can find an Isoloop or MFJ at a decent price.

BTW, for the other guy, the reason that I don't want my neighbors to know that I'm a ham is because the local cable already stinks (Comcast), and I don't want them all blaming ME for it.
W6IEZKEN

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 04:01:09 PM »

First it sounds like you need to get a restraining order against your landlord.He can only come on your property if it is an emergency or he is the person responsible for the meter reading on there system as opposed to a utility company.
      I use my TV mast as a vertical with the ant tuner under the house and switch in different loading coils or you could use an automatic tuner.The TV ant acts as a capacity hat.A 22ft mast or better works on 80M to 10M.You can also disguise a folded dipole as guy wires.I also like the idea of using an ivy lattice in the backyard to disguise the ant.
NA0AA

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 10:10:25 PM »

I wonder if you could mount a screwdriver in the back and use a telescoping whip that you could retract when not operating - it's thin and won't be that tall from the front - as long as nosy does not see you putting it up or down?

I have to admit, I'd got for a 20 meter vertical with a birdhouse on top.  You know, if it's really floppy, then you may have to guy it with a fan dipole.

But you know the enemy best.  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: