Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VX-5r Wideband problem  (Read 342 times)
K3WAS

Ignore
« on: October 07, 2005, 06:51:24 PM »

I have a Yaesu VX-5r and I follow the procedure of pressing the "band" button repeatedly to get to the wideband features. I only see the 3 ham bands. I also press the "0" and hold, and it does not go to the weather channels.

Is there something wrong with the HT or is it an older version? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Mike
K2QPN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2005, 03:02:51 PM »

I would try to reset the HT. What you discribe should work and I don't know of any option to turn off wideband.
K3WAS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 06:14:43 PM »

After reading your suggestion, I went to Mods.dk and found this. It corrected my problem. Apparantly the radio was modded for freeband, but needed an extra reset procedure.

Mike

After performing the reset on a VX5-R (pressing [VFO] + [MR] + [4] + [PWR], the radio only receives and transmits in the 6M, 2M and 79cm hambands, try this to restore full coverage:

Press [BAND] + [HM/RV] + [TX PO} and [PWR] simultaneously.

I had to do this to restore all 11 bands and enable out of band Transmit after performing the VX-5R expanded frequency mod.

Kirk Ellis KI4RK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: