Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding the TS-B2000  (Read 190 times)
K3VTT

Ignore
« on: December 25, 2005, 11:18:54 PM »

I am a relatively new ham whose experience has been limited to a 2 meter HT. I am now the proud possessor of a Kenwood TS-B2000 setup in my home with a 2 meter antenna. The manual for the Kenwood, although extensive, seems to assume that the operator knows what all the controls are for and when to use them. Also, the graphics in the manual are for the hardware faceplate of the TS-2000, rather than for the software version used with the TS-B2000. Is the any place on the web that can help me better use my new transceiver?

Thanks.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 04:46:03 AM »

I have used my TS2000X with the ARCP software many times without any problems.  

Don't think of the controls on your computer screen as exact copies of the hardware  front-panel controls but, a virtual means of accessing the functionality of those controls.  

So the way you might approach things is to read the description of the hardware control, identify the virtual control on the screen and play with it to see how it actually works.

You have a very capable VHF/UHF radio.  Start to explore 6M and 2M SSB operation.  Think about setting up some simple antennas and start working the Amateur Satellites.  Experiment with digital modes.

Dennis KG4RUL
RobertKoernerExAE7G

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 03:03:46 PM »

Sounds like a fun play toy.
Any particular knob/function you are puzzled about?
Have you tried running a scan on the internet about the function?

Bob
W2AYY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 02:20:42 AM »

I looked up your address in Baltimore, MD. Are you a member of any clubs? Do you have any friends who have been in the hobby for a while. Some one you could invite over for a cup of coffee or a beer(LOL) and have them go over it with you.

While I enjoy reading about stuff, I have found if someone can also show you how to use it sometimes makes better sense.

Take your time, you have a lot of functions and used correctly will help you to really enjoy the hobby, but if not used right can add to fustration.

If you lived in Missouri I would come over for a cup of coffee!

Dave in Joplin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: