About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ACOM  (Read 1033 times)
W0UCE

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2004, 08:07:55 PM »

Does anyone know if ACOM is still in business?  In the past three weeks phone calls are answered by a machine, no one returns calls or responds to e-mail?

W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 08:51:11 PM »

ACOM, OOD, a privately owned company located in Sofia, Bulgaria, has been developing products for the European market since 1988.  They are best known as the contract builder Alpha selected in the 1990s to build the Alpha 91B amplifier.

ACOM International, Inc. was formed in 1999 to market and service ACOM products in the Americas. ACOM International provides direct sales for the ACOM 2000A from its facilities in Medfield, MA, USA.
LAST WEB PAGE UPDATE WAS May 4, 2004

ACOM International, Inc.
71 West Street
Medfield, Massachusetts 02052

Will Angenent, k6nd: k6nd@hfpower.com

Sales in the US:
Phone: (508) 359-5990
Fax:   (508) 359-5989
Technical support: (508) 359-5990

Yahoo discussion group (link on the Acom web site) has questions like yours.
------------------------
You could contact one of the other country dealers:

United Kingdom
Vine Antenna Products
Taranaki
Four Crosses
POWYS SY22 6RJ
U.K.
tel +44 (0)1691 831111
fax +44 (0) 1691 831386
info@vinecom.co.uk
http://www.vinecom.co.uk

w9gb

AD6WL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 12:31:19 PM »

As of today they still don't answer their emails.  I am trying to find out the availability and price of a 2000A.  I will see if I can get better service from Alpha.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 12:26:18 PM »

James -

Alpha should answer your inquiry within 24 hours.
http://www.alpha-amps.com/

I am restoring an Alpha 76A [K9EWJ(sk) previous owner was Elmer] .. and needed the new front panel (replace the sticky front panel) .. they were out of stock, but Anthony (Alpha customer service) took my name and right on scheudle he called me back 4 weeks later for payment information. "This is the customer service that I remember from ETO/Alpha"

w9gb
G6CJR

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 10:59:29 AM »

I recently wrote to ACOM in the US (K6ND) asking for a price to ship an ACOM 1000 to England. I buy all my ham gear in the US because we get ripped off for everything in England and the exchange rate makes buying in the US very attractive for us.

Eventually, after sending several reminders to K6ND, I got a reply from ACOM Bulgaria (not from K6ND)saying they had a dealer in England. I replied saying I wanted to source the amplifier outside of England and gave my reasons. I also said that if I couldn't get the amplifier outside of England then I would look to buy another product. ACOM's reply to this was "In the countries, where we have dealers, we sell through them only". I'm certainly not impressed at all and the reply doesn't help at all. So why can't I buy one in the US? Who is K6ND anyway?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: