Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jps nir 12  (Read 240 times)
N4SNO

Ignore
« on: August 09, 2006, 11:38:46 AM »

I believe jps is out of buisness, does anyone know where I can get mine repaired? thanks, Bill N4SNO
N0XE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 01:37:06 PM »

I believe Timewave aquired them, but may be wrong there, would not hurt to check with them. Also depending on the model you own, you should weigh the oost of shipping, bench time and return shipping as that cost could very well be twice what it would cost you to just advertise for another one. Many of those units can be found on the various swap nets and even Ebay in nice condition and at a very resonable price. I purchased a NIR 12 for about $75 just a few months back, of course prices will vary and it was a friend who sold it to me.  Good luck, 73 Jim N0XE
WA4BLM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 02:19:27 PM »

JPS is still in business but, as far as ham radio is concerned, they may as well not be.  Check this link for their policy on ham support:

http://www.jps.com/index.asp?node=70

They do say check with Timewave for the ANC-4 but don't mention anything else.  I have an NIR-10 myself but fortunately it still works.  Guess we all have orphans.

Good luck with it.

John WA4BLM
NE5C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 03:08:00 AM »

I believe The "RAYTHEON COMPANY" either aquired JPS or made them and now work more for Government products... than anything for Ham Radio. However a fellow Ham Mentor and friend, found a simple problem that existed within my JPS NIR12, whereby inside, your AUDIO connectors (at your cable connectors)over time and use - the center pin sleeves - can spread OPEN or apart, not making proper contact on your cable TIPS...Carefully using a tool and shaping these back down to form a TIGHT fit solved that very easily! Hope that helps someone, as I would not part with my JPS NIR12...Man what a fantastic peice of equipment! God Bless De N5JFJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: