Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PC Packratt for AEA MBX-232  (Read 583 times)
KZ1A

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2006, 10:58:13 AM »

I just reinstalled my old trusty AEA PK-232MBX TNC after a couple of years in storage and cannot locate the PC Packratt software to run it.
Does any one know of a resource where I can get a copy or should I look for something newer out there?
I was just confortable with the old software but understand that things change over the years.
tnx, de Mac
K3WVU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:24:31 PM »

Recommend you try PKTERM for Windows from Creative Services Software.  I've been using it for a few years now and I love it.  Go to http://www.cssincorp.com/.

Dwight
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 01:45:20 PM »

One consideration before you go paying money for the old PC Pakratt software... it was designed for the old X86 CPU's that required realtime (read full time) monitoring of the RS232 ports.   I don't know whether the old DOS software will operate correctly under Win95 and later, since they handle the ports in a different matter.

Buying the lastest software you know is going to work.

73,  bill
N2TU

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 02:32:43 PM »

Try XPware for Windows...it is free and does everything PCPAkratt ll did...if not, send me a message...n2tu@roadrunner.com...I think I know where you can get an old copy of the WIndows version of PkRatt...(not the old DOS version)....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: