Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Port remapping in Windows  (Read 500 times)
K1ZC

Ignore
« on: June 24, 2003, 09:56:35 AM »

I have been playing with an APRS set-up for the past week or so in preparation for Field Day.  I was unable to get it setup on my computer, and I am 99% sure it is a WinAPRS problem with ports.  I finally gave up, borrowed the XYL's computer, and it works fine with the identical setup on hers.

The difference is the type of port.  The XYL has an older Win 98 machine from the days when they shipped with both USB and 9-pin serial ports.  I have a newer box with three USB connections but no 9-pin.  As a result, I had to use a USB converter that is assigned to COM4.  After reading some other info on the net, it appears WinAPRS does not like to use anything other than COM1 or COM2 but my installation of Win XP has those ports reserved in such a way that I cannot easily move devices around and remap the USB converter to COM2.

Has anybody figured out a way to make WinAPRS talk to COM4?  Does this problem exist with APRS+SA?  Now that I am hooked on APRS, I want it on my computer!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: