Thank you for the replies!
Gosh Jim, your web site looks like the National Archives for the D-104. It's great! Thanks for keeping it going.
Brent, thanks also for the comments.
Astatic no longer has the D-104 info on-line, attempting to load www.astatic.com
is redirected towww.astaticloaded.com
which has current and recent products only.
If only I could remember to search first before posting a question <g> because when I did finally search, I found a second boatload of info.
For future reference in case anyone [else!] has the same question, here is some things I found... In addition to Jim's fabulous collection, I also found the following references:
- There's a Google group:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/astaticmicrophones/
- Astatic D-104 wiring and compatibility info (some duplicate of Jim's site):http://www.cbtricks.com/mic_manuals/astatic/astatic_wiring_handbook.pdfhttp://www.cbtricks.com/mic_manuals/astatic/astatic_d104_manual.pdf
- An impedence matcher and the Eham review:http://www.3898pecker.com/
and click on "D-104 Audio Enhancer"http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5124
- a preamp circuit:http://www.mymorninglight.org/ham/micpreamp.htm
- another set of Astatic circuits:http://www.barovelli.com/radio/astatic/astatic.htm
- a circuit for D-104 to a Ten-Tec Pegasushttp://members.cox.net/n4jk/d104.htm
Whew! Looks like I'm on my way.
Tnx & 73,