Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what kind of amp is it?  (Read 3409 times)
N7ZDR

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2001, 10:22:12 AM »

If found at a garage sale some cheap ham things and one of them was this little amp is about 3x10 inches. On the front the name is SCP Amateur Amplifier sc-100t-bil. It has only ssb and am mode. I wouldnt think it is a HF amp because of the power 100 watts and if it is a vhf amp why dont it have FM? I did apply about 10 watts on 10 meters and it seemed to jump up over 100 watts. This tells me it's a low drive amp. Maybe somebody can shed some light on this thing.
W4ETN

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2001, 10:44:31 AM »

Hello,
What you have is an amplifier that was made for CB use, 5 watts in 100 out.  They called tham Amateur amps and they work great on our HF freq's but the target market was CB.  The FCC shut them down in the late 70's by not allowing anyone to produce an amp on HF freq's to be driven with less than 100 watts input.
So you either have an old amp or a new one that has been manufactured illegally.  

Good Luck & 73

Bob
W4ETN
KC7CJO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2002, 01:06:44 AM »

I also have one of the SCP Amateur Amplifier sc-100t-bil's.  It seems to only work on AM and not on SSB.  Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for it as I would very much like to use it on 10 mtr's mobile.  I've found that it will put out almost 130 watts with 1 watt in.  A nice amp, once it works!

I also received a Maco 200 Amateur tube amp.  A great 200 watt tube amp.  I would like to referbish it with newer components and would also like a schematic and manual for it.  If anyone has an idea as to where I might aquire this information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
WB4YQV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 03:56:25 PM »

Hello!  I also have one of the "SCP" amateur amplifiers but the one that I have is the base version using 4 - 6KD6 tubes (1 driving 3), that is in need of a power transformer...  Having trouble locating any information on this amp...  If anyone knows the manufacture, please let me know...  That will give me a place to start looking for some needed parts...   Thanks, Charlie...... << wb4yqv@earthlink.net >>
KG9IO

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 08:06:49 PM »

I know that this is an old thread, but I was wondering if either of you still have that amp? I have one here without the power transistors in it. If you still have it, can you tell me the part number on the transistors? A shot in the dark, but ya never know....

Thanks, Bill KG9IO
KG9IO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 04:40:27 AM »

It was made by Stam Comm in Watseka Illinois, probably in the late 70's-early 80's
KD8BFB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 04:32:22 PM »

I have one here that I am working on for somebody (they have a bad cap in the PS circuit). I took pictures of the board on it, if you can give me an email address, I'll send them to you. BTW, my new call is n8gjk. I don't want to make a new account. But my email is my call (n8gjk) at earthlink.net.

73, de n8gjk
Gary
KC7CJO

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 03:31:58 PM »

You don't by any chance have the schematic for this little amplifier?  SC-100T-BIL

Rod
KC7CJO
KO4FV

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 11:38:46 AM »

I am using this amp with my Radio Shack HTX-10 in SSB mode with some success.  In SSB mode, it uses RF sense for keying with a delay (similar to VOX).  This causes me to get reports that my signal is choppy.  I want to add a keying circuit from the radio (or microphone PTT) to the Stam Comm SC-100T.  Any hints on how to inject the keying signal into the amp?  I can handle building a circuit to change from ground keying to b+ keying or whatever is needed.

I just didn't want to re-invent the wheel if someone has already done this.

Thanks,
Brian, KO4FV
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 11:58:51 AM »

I am using this amp with my Radio Shack HTX-10 in SSB mode with some success.  In SSB mode, it uses RF sense for keying with a delay (similar to VOX).  This causes me to get reports that my signal is choppy.  I want to add a keying circuit from the radio (or microphone PTT) to the Stam Comm SC-100T.  Any hints on how to inject the keying signal into the amp?  I can handle building a circuit to change from ground keying to b+ keying or whatever is needed.

I just didn't want to re-invent the wheel if someone has already done this.

Thanks,
Brian, KO4FV

Why use a class C CB amplifier on ten meters?

If we use enough of these things ten meters will be useless for weak signal work.

CB amps are virtually never clean, and most Hams don't even know how to tell if they are so they get "you sound OK" reports when they are tearing the band up.
WA3SKN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 11:38:40 AM »

Check the dates on this thread, then let it die in peace.

-Mike.
W8JI

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »

Check the dates on this thread, then let it die in peace.

-Mike.

Yesterday he said he has one of those amps also.  I was answering his question. Read the thread dates. :-)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: