Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KPC-3 ver 8.2 software wanted  (Read 1054 times)
KB8ASO

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2004, 07:25:11 PM »

Hello. Looking for the 8.2 software upgrade for my Kantronics KPC-3. If you have upgraded your KPC and have the 8.2 gathering dust, drop me a line.  Kantronics isn't supporting the non-plus anymore.  

Thanks,
Randy AB9GO

randallr@healthall.com
KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 11:40:23 AM »

Also if you have the hex code I can burn my own EPROM.  Please Email it to me!

Thanks,
Randy.  
N7NAT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 02:19:58 AM »

I do have the 8.2 hex in both the KPC-3 and KPC-3Plus which are different, let me know which one and I can email you the file. Will have to wait till this week-end so that I can pull it off one of the chips.
KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 10:47:30 AM »

I need the KPC-3 "NON-PLUS" version.  Thanks mucho since this code is almost impossible to get!  

Randy
N7NAT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 08:45:29 PM »

what file extension does your burner look for when you load the file, .bin, .txt, etc. Huh
KB8ASO

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 12:03:25 AM »

It looks for a .hex file or a Intel hex file will work too.  It will take a straight ASCII hex file with no problem.  

Email the file to :

crrandal@earthlink.net
or
(SPAM)ab9go(STINKS)@earthlink.net

Thanks a bunch,
Randy
MM1CQO

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 08:47:53 AM »

Gary

If you could email me a copy of the non plus firmware it would be greatly apprecietd.

My email is "callsign"@ldars.org.uk

Many thanks

Jon
MM1CQO
EB7CIL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 11:09:22 AM »

Hello Gary,

I also need this firmware 8.2 for (KPC3 Non PLUS) i have a willem programmer, normally i use files .bin

Tanks a lot for your help.

Jose A.

73s From Granada Spain.
EB7CIL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 11:11:35 AM »

Sorry big mystake mi email address

jpino1@terra.es

VA3AE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 07:23:51 PM »

Hi there, yet another fellow with an antique kpc-3 who would love to get it running 8.2
I don't have an eprom burner myself, but there are a few lads at work who still might have one under a desk somewhere, so I would greatly appreciate the firmware by email and I would see about getting it onto a chip myself.

Tnx de va3ae
va3ae(at)rac.ca
VA3AE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 01:14:57 PM »

Hi and thanks to both Gary and Randall for the quick turnaround on the source firmware.

I have sucessfully burned a new 27c512 with version 8.2!
I had to dust off an old XT and find the manuals to the Unisite, but eventually I got it.  Just tested the old PKC-3 and behold, it actually works!
I found a dozen at a local supplier so I now have about 11 27c512's left, onto which I will burn the Version 8.2
If others want them, I will be glad to send them on to new homes.  All I will ask is for a SASE, of the bubble-wrap variety, and $5 each for my costs.

TNX de VA3AE
VA3AE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 08:14:36 PM »

I have been advised that it is illegal for me to provide EEproms with the Kantronics firmware burned into them.  It has to do with them not wanting other people distributing their proprietary firmware; I suppose they also want to sell us cheap Experimental Radio Operators new units rather than keep upgrading the 10+ year old units such as the one I have.

I don't want to run afoul of Kantronics, so I must regretfully withdraw my offer.

73 de va3ae at rac.ca
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: