Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Instruction Manual For Alpha Delta DX-EE Antenna..  (Read 404 times)
KC0OHP

Ignore
« on: June 10, 2007, 11:26:04 AM »

Could someone please tell me where I can
get an instruction manual or instruction on
how this antenna is to be set for the proper
frequency and adjusting swr on the antenna.

Pick up a brand new at a hamfest, but no
instruction or paper work on it.  Any information
greatly appreciated.

Dwight KC0OHP...
KA7ZIS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 11:34:07 AM »

Try this

http://www.alphadeltacom.com/dxee_ii.htm
W6NJX

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 11:34:12 AM »

The Alpha Delta web site has it online...
AC5E

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »

Well - I use, and like the Alpha Deltas. They are close to hurricane proof, I just wish my antenna supports were.

After you download the manual and read it - remember Alpha Delta does not automatically assume you are a phone op. So they will come resonant at or just below the covered ham bands. Meaning SSB ops will want to trim them.

Like any trap or loaded dipole, trim the center section, the higher band, first. Don't cut the wires, just strip them and fold them back. You may need some of it later.

After you get the center section tuned, trim the ends to set the lower band's resonance where you want it.

After you get the lowest SWR on the frequencies you want, you raise or lower the antenna to get your SWR to it's lowest point. That will NOT be 1:1 on both bands, so you will have to compromise.

And no, an indicated SWR above 1:1 is no biggie. A 2:1 SWR at the antenna just means 9% of your power will be reflected, and it takes 22% reflection to make a barely detectable sometimes difference in your signal. In fact, a 49% loss in radiated signal is usually unnoticable.

So don't sweat moderately low SWR. It's when it gets to 6:1 or worse that you might want to look your hand over again.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: