Does anyone use VHF/UHF packet anymore?

<< < (2/2)

Craig:
While not as popular as it once was, it is still quiet strong. Especially so on HF (14.105lsb).

Here in Kentucky we used it for a number of activities several years ago. The only thing that shot it down here was the loss of nodes.

At one point we could send messages to a user of one of the local PBBS's and it would end up in the recipient's TNC mailbox long before it made it via email.

And Ditto, Pete's comment. During exercises ( example CSEPP exercise here in KY several years ago ) handing the printed message left little room for error.

I always though that every ARES group should have several packet stations in their bag of comm. tools. There are times when voice is just not appropriate for the situation at hand.

Mark Brueggemann:
Just ask the APRS guys.

Mark K5LXP
Albuquerque, NM

John Poindexter:
Hey KB9CRY

Where in the Chicago area do you still run an extensive packet system used mainly for DX spotting

What frequency. I would like to see if I can hear and hit it from NW Indiana.

John
W3ML

Craig:
<Where in the Chicago area do you still run an extensive packet system used mainly for DX spotting>

Ditto! curious myself. I figured that biggest packet operation in the 9th district was N9LYA.

I'd appreciate more info too!  

Jim:
Sure.... here in Florida VHF/UHF Packet is alive and well!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page