Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Shack Pictures  (Read 1208 times)
W4DL

Ignore
« on: December 23, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »

Ever notice that the majority of the radio shack pictures contain the licensee and a dog or cat and very few XYL's / YL's ?  Food for thought...Merry Christmas.

Mike  W4DL
KB9CRY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 02:46:14 PM »

Food for thought...

What are you implying Mike?

My YL doesn't really personally care about amateur radio but she does understand the excitement and does understand that it's a part of my life and accepts that.

There is no other hidden agenda.  She has her own hobbies which I don't participate in as well I and our relationship is second to none.

So what's your point?

Phil

And yes the dog will challenge you before you enter the shack.  That's called security.
N3JBH

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 02:59:49 PM »

The Less my Wife knows about my Ham Shack the better off i am. If she thought this stuff was worth some thing she be selling it off and planting flowers or some thing.
NU0R

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 03:10:22 PM »

My wife is supportive of my Ham activities, but has absolutely no interest in Ham Radio. She lets me buy new stuff or trade if I want. She knows from 36 years of experience that I would not buy it unless I needed it or it was an investment. When I get on her nerves she tells me to "don't you need to do some radioing". She, on the other hand is very artistic and pursues those avenues. I, by the way, am also an artist and a musician. We share in the artistic parts of our lives. Now what really gets my shorts in a knot is she has two cats that allow me to live here. I want a puppy for Christmas, which ain't a gonna' happen. I lost my old friend of 14 years (a Yorkshire) 2 years ago and I still miss her. I miss her every day, but my wife turns a deaf ear to my pleas for a new start. So, she supports my hobbies, but not the idea of another dog. You guys with dogs in your pictures are lucky! Be thankful that your wife supports that part of your life!
NU0R

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 03:11:51 PM »

OH, by the way, I love the cats too! I just want a dog to be mine.
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 03:32:54 PM »

got rid of the wife 10 years ago. best thing I ever did. Now I do as I choose, and no more arguments. I have been married 4 times, enough is enough. I do miss the dog.
W3ML

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 04:12:40 PM »

My wife has always said, "At least I know where he is and that he is not in a bar somewhere."

She hasn't really complained about anything I have bought for ham radio, now for other things yes.

Like she would not let me buy the $34,000 boat.

Of course when I bought the new FT2000D, I didn't really tell her the price because I showed her the FT 9000 and the price for that, then said I could get this cheaper one.

John

N4LI

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 05:32:25 PM »

My wife:

http://www.familycancercenter.com/physicians.html#7

has spent $25,000 on a freakin' horse.  Never mind the vet fees, stable fees, show fees, etc.  Oh, and the truck to pull it all.  I am not thinking that a couple of grand, here and there, even rates as being in the ballpark.

And, as has been pointed out, she's happy that she doesn't have to look for me at the bar.  I am just in the back of the house, messing up the TV.

Peter, N4LI
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 06:04:28 PM »

Your XYL appears to be very accomplished and above average in intelligence, but I wonder if she's considered that a modest car with a 100+ horsepower engine can be had for less than the cost of a horse. Singular. I might also observe that a car eats nothing when it isn't being ridden nor leaves anything in the driveway as an organic calling card.

The next time you talk horses, you may want to mention this... Just in passing.  Wink

Never change a password on a Friday                
K0RFD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 06:29:53 PM »

Your wife is well worth much more than whatever she spent on a horse.

Besides, I notice you're a lawyer.  If you need money, you can just screw somebody out of theirs.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 07:40:59 PM »

That was cold.

At least I had the good taste not to mention that my car has leather seats...........

Never change a password on a Friday                
K3JVB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 07:42:10 PM »

....Ham radio has gotten me away from other more expensive hobbies...that she does not like...

On any given sunday morning she used to hear "americana sounds" of high performace V8 engines .
LOL.
     Now she hears CW. Trust me, it is a less expensive sound too ! That I am sure she likes !
Happy Holidays
John
k3jvb
K3JVB

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »

..Oh and yes, I do have a pair of dog's that love to visit the shack. And howl at the sounfd of a zero beat.
ONAIR

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 12:22:02 AM »

Since hams are a lot more intelligent compared to the general population, we tend to make lots more money compared to the average Joe.  Because of this, our YLs tend to be extremely attractive!  Hams do not want all of our gorgeous YLs to be seen online, because we don't want them to be hit on by dorks.  This is why you don't see them in pictures of hamshacks.
NN2X

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2007, 02:49:21 AM »

Check QRZ, and plug in NN2X, you will see my XLY! No Ham Shack!
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: