Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TS940 Transmit Problem  (Read 219 times)
W8OC

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2008, 09:15:36 AM »

Hi folks.  I have a late model (20 million serial)TS-940SAT that is having transmit problems.  About a week ago, I noticed that I could not transmit on 12 or 10 meters.  Within the last several days, I've lost all transmit capabilities above 80 meters.  I've tried the "wiggle" approach, but have not found a molex or coax connector that seems to make a difference.  Receive is OK across the spectrum.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated. Tnx in advance.
AC5UP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 10:24:11 AM »

Many radios of that vintage (and newer) use a series of relays to switch bandpass filters between the PA and SO-239. If one or more relays go bad it can affect transmit on some bands without affecting the receiver.

That would be the second thing I'd look at... First thing would be to confirm all switch and configuration settings, including the things you rarely use.

Never change a password on a Friday                
KL0S

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 07:03:41 PM »

I don't know if this will help you but I had a long time intermittent transmit problem on 15m with my 940; the last time I changed the memory/CPU batteries after I reseated all the screws and connectors INSIDE the CPU box that intermittent went away.  No one could point me in the right direction for that problem and I solved it by accident....good news all is well now!

GL -- Dino KL0S/4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: