Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with TS-520!!  (Read 910 times)
KD6DQS

Ignore
« on: November 01, 2001, 12:42:21 PM »

Hi, I broke my TS-520 by shortcircuiting the VOX unit.  Now there's no audio or ALC meter and the Rectifier Unit smokes.  Help!  John.
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2001, 11:39:32 AM »

John -

I think we (Elmers on eHam.net) have answered this question for you elsewhere (another forum).  Unless you wish to turn you TS-520 into a parts radio (of little or no value), get the radio to a qualified technician.  I believe I advised Clif at AVVID for a consultation.

You have created a short circuit within the radio and now have a power supply problem.  I have not way of advising you what other components have been destroyed or damaged via the Internet.

Greg
w9gb
KD6DQS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2001, 01:07:14 AM »

Okay, the TS-520 is up and running again!  Well, almost.  I want to confirm that the transmiter works.  When I transmit in TUN there is no meter reading, no matter what I adjust, CAL, MIC, RF Volt, Bias, the meter goes "flat".  What's wrong now!  The receiver works fine, I got everything there repaired myself.  So please help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: