Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peterson Radio question...  (Read 614 times)
KC1SX

Ignore
« on: April 10, 2002, 04:43:50 PM »

Does anyone know if Peterson Radio is still in business?  I called and left a message on the answering machine and have not received any return call.  I intially figured the fella was just busy, but I ran across a web page (undated) that spoke of his "recent death".  Is there any truth to this, or is the web page author perhaps confusing Peterson with CW Crystals?

On a related note - I am in need of some cystals to fit FT-243 holders.  Any 40-meter frequencies will do, but I could also use some for 80 and 20 meters.  They have to be able to work in tube gear.  These would be for general purpose test use in the ARRL Lab.  I understand that ICM supposedly makes crystals to fit FT-243 holders, but will they handle the power in tube gear?

73, Michael, KC1SX
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2002, 05:50:22 PM »

I use ICM xtals all the time, for everything including lots of "boat anchor" tube gear.  I recently purchased a complete set of KWM-2 L.O. crystals (80 through 10m), they delivered in 10 days and the xtals worked perfectly.  What do you mean by the "power in tube gear?"  

FT-243 holders are pretty obsolete, but the pin size and spacing is the same as hermetic varieties which are more modern, so they are drop-in interchangeable.  The difference, of course, is with the hermetically sealed holders it's very difficult to dismantle them and alter anything inside...

WB2WIK/6

KD7KOY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2002, 07:14:17 PM »

This is a post I received when I ordered mine. Not a plug for Peterson, but they are good to do business with..The question was crystals that would fit a DX-100(FT-243 type.)

"I forgot to mention Petersen Radio in Council Bluffs Iowa. Mighty nice folks. Tell them you want the HC-6 holder with the .093 diameter pins, the operating frequency and 32 picofarad load capacitance.
Plug right into your DX-100. The FT-243's are history.
He charges $10.50 per rock.
His e-mail is jjk@51503@aol.com
Telephone 712-323-7539"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: