Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu FT-50R Audio TX Problem  (Read 214 times)
KC2RUA

Ignore
« on: March 31, 2008, 03:58:24 PM »

I'm a relativly new ham.  I bought this rig used at a hamfest as my first radio.  I'm having a problem being heard on a nearby repeater.  I'm told my audio is very low.  I know I'm getting a good signal as the repaeter does give me back several bars when I key the mic.

I found this is a known problem with a simple fix, turning two screw pots under a sticker on the heatsink.  My question is the mod said to turn it 1/8 and another 1/8 if necessary.  I did both but it's not enough.  How far can I continue to turn these screw pots?  

What is the downside?

Thanks...........Steve Berwanger  KC2RUA
K0BG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 05:29:03 PM »

Adjusting the power out and/or the mic gain may not be the solution; it may mean you're antenna is defective, inadequate, or perhaps even a bad coax or connection. I suggest you find someone locally who has the equipment and expertise to help you.

Alan, KØBG
www.k0bg.com

N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 10:58:57 PM »

try using it with an adapter on a decent outside antenna.
WA3SKN

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 04:32:10 AM »

Try LISTENING to your transmit audio with another receiver!  Seeing "bars" when receiving the repeater says nothing except that there may be a carrier being transmitted.  Once you determine your audio is low in your transmit signal, then you can start the trouble shooting process.  
Don't adjust anything until you can verify the problem!

-Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: