Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help on hooking Up a Drake TR-3  (Read 1491 times)
N5EIL

Ignore
« on: October 19, 2002, 05:35:49 PM »

I  was givin a very nice condition Drake Tr-3 w/  the Remote VFO , I   have found out  how to find the plugs on it and turn on the TR-3 , the  remote vfo however has aslo a drifferent power plug . how do i get it to plug in ? ,,,,,, and where  on earth Do i plug in a microphone and a CW key HuhHuh?

any help is great ..... I really  want to get this old gal running!!!
73's and good DX
N5EIL ,  Neil
KE4VBG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2002, 11:58:06 PM »

Neil:

You can download a manual for the TR-3 from BAMA . Just do a Search for- -   http//bama.sbc.edu/ - -  and your there. The CW key plugs in the 1/4" phone jack on the back and the microphone uses a Special size three conductor phone plug and may be on the right side of the rig. These plugs fit Drake and Collins radios and I think they are 2.5mm , they look like the 1/4" Stereo plugs but a little smaller. Good luck with the TR-3 and hope you enjoy Drake equipment as much as I do.

73s

Doug KE4VBG
N5EIL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 03:58:15 PM »

well i got most of my problems solved ,,, no i have to find a mic. !!!

73's and good Dx'ing
N5EIL, Neil
K0RS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2002, 09:13:46 PM »

You will still need a manual for the correct tune-up procedure.  The 12JB6's in the final are fairly easily damaged by incorrect tuning or operating out of resonance.  The final tubes are becoming scarcer and would require neutralization if replaced.
N5EIL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 06:45:58 PM »

I defently have that part coverd ..... I do have a manual for it .... and have had my  neighbor show me the exact process how to tune up !!

73's and good Dx
N5EIL, Neil
KB0FXA

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2002, 11:58:48 PM »

Check out this web page, found some good information here, also the bama archive that was mentioned in another post is a good source
        http://www.dproducts.be/Drake_Museum/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: