Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yaesu VX-7R Troubles  (Read 396 times)
K7RWB

Ignore
« on: June 08, 2008, 08:30:03 PM »

My VX-7R is acting strange.  Was working great all week and then all of a sudden the frequency display started blinking and when you push the PTT switch the TX display shows that I am transmitting but it is not doing so.  When I release the PTT swt. the display appears to still be transmitting but it is not.  I have to turn the radio off before it "releases" the transmit indication. I tried set mode reset and that did not help so I tried microprocessor reset and that did not help.  Is there anything else I can do to fix this problem?

Thank you for your help in this matter

Rowland Brasch
K7RWB

Thank you,

Rowland
K7RWB
KQ6Q

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 08:54:35 PM »

Are you running this HT on its own rubber duck, or through an amplifier with an external antenna?  I had a similar problem years ago using a 2m HT to a 2m amplifer to a mag-mount - and the radiation from the amplified signal was getting back into the HT and causing an oscillation - had to power the whole thing off, not use the amp with the HT mobile.
W5FYI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 05:18:13 AM »

I don't know about your particular radio, but I've seen similar problems when one or more cells of the main battery is kaput. It's also a good idea to check that the  memory backup cell isn't on its last legs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: