The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discarded/Incomplete Tube Home Brew Xmtr  (Read 1272 times)
VE1CHS

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2003, 10:49:34 PM »

Hearing disabled, 41 year Lic. ham wants one, two or more tube CW transmitter (with or without Pwr supply) in pieces, damaged, corrosion, partly built, schematic only, discarded, neglected, some parts but not all, which needs completion/restoration.

Seem to especially enjoy restoration/completion these days:  Working on Heath IG-101 Sig Gen (hot chassis), Marconi 1958 Sig Gen (low output), Tube tester TV-2/BU (cosmetic), Tripplet 631 VOM/VTVM (meter work), Norcal 40A QRP Xceiver (final mods).

Think an integrated design with Pwr supply and Xmtr on one chassis (or at least a schematic that describes both) would be best. Would also appreciate advice on Xmtrs to look out for or ones you recommend.

Hey you Old Timers, what is your all time favorite tube CW Xmtr design for say 40 (and 30) or just 80 and 40M? Especially interested in a two-bander for 40 and 30M CW. Plug in coils would be fine. But don't mind modern twists such as sand state Pwr supply.

Perhaps an osc and final, or an osc, driver and final would do it.

Power out could be anywhere from 4, 6 to 7 watts up to 50 (hardly need more than that here in the Mtns. at 9,000 feet above sea level with a huge loop).

Would also consider building from scratch. Would also like schematics or old QST article recommendations to get for such a project.

Would also be interested in parts you have collected for such a project, but never completed, such as power supply and RF components.

Maybe you know a friend who started such a project, but lost interest. Think such a rig could be centered around the 12AT7, 6CL6, the 6146B, or just about any other favorite tube you have in mind.

Contact me by E-mail at phoon@attglobal.net

Or call me briefly at 303-258-3196 and I'll call you right back on my nickel.

73s,

Peter Hoon
Currently Lifetime Certificate: VE1CHS
Halifax, Nova Scotia and
Nederland, Colorado.

Formerly Lic. as WN2DBK (NYC), WA1AOX (Storrs, CT), DU9PAR (Davao, Philippines) and WA0BAV (Lincoln, Nebraska)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: