About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Digipan  (Read 272 times)
W9JR

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2008, 11:59:17 AM »

I had a problem with my sound card ... and now cannot see the waterfall when I use Digipan.  What can I do to rectify the problem?
AB8SG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »

Do you get sound out of your computer? If not, check the volume controls to see what is muted. Go to the control panel, audio devices, and check to see what is selected as your input and output device. Check Digipan setup also to see what is selected as the soundcard device. If you have working sound from the computer, i.e. you can play and hear sounds from your computer speakers, chances are that it's just the device selection that is scrambled. If you can't get the soundcard to work, delete the soundcard in device manager and let the OS rediscover it. If all else fails, a replacement soundcard might be in order.
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »

Also, make sure that the Windows "Recording" volume control is set right.  If the "Line In" or "Mic In" input is muted, or set to 0, you'll get a blank waterfall.

In that case, you'd still be able to _play_ stuff using Windows Media Player.

Charles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: