Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1939 Shure 7S Mic Question  (Read 589 times)
WJ5MH

Ignore
« on: March 20, 2003, 09:46:30 PM »

I'm in the process of refurbing a 1939 Shure 7s (Code Ruden).  It's called a Streamliner, according to literature found in the original box, and it's crystal.  The top of the microphone only sits about 6.5-7 inches off the desk on its stand.  Unfortunately, the box doesn't show a picture of the mic mounted on the stand, so I don't really know if there is an additional extension tube that's missing.  The tube that came with the mic is only 2.5 inches long.  Can anyone help?  Would someone have a picture of the mic mounted.

Also, there is a 3/8 inch hole in the front of the stand that was probably used for a switch.  I saw a picture of, what looked like the same stand, with an RCA logo mounted there.  Any comments?

Thanks,
Joe ( WJ5MH )
W9GB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 04:13:16 PM »

Joe -

I would start my Shure support.  It may take a few tries, but they have a couple of women who use to work in support that knew every part for those older (discontiuned) microphones.

http://www.shure.com/

The Data Sheets on Shure's web iste list a 7A, but not a 7B model:
http://www.shure.com/datasheets/guides-discontinued.html

Replacement Parts

Most replacement parts (and many accessories) for Shure products are available through our Service Department, including selected replacement styli (needles) for phonograph cartridges. For information on purchasing these items, please contact the Service Department directly.

You may phone us toll-free at 800-516-2525 or at 847-846-2699, or contact us by email at service@shure.com.
----------------
w9gb
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: