Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Did I Just Buy?  (Read 1003 times)
N4ZYV

Ignore
« on: August 14, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »

Just made a deal for this equipment. Price was too good to pass up. I think. Big radio and smaller matching unit are Kenwood and there's a Dentron in there also (MT3000?). I don't recognize the models though.

KE5LDO

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 07:52:25 PM »

I see an old Realistic crystal scanner (I Think), the Kenwood 600, the Dentron.  Do you have any model numbers or makes of the other items?
N8NSN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 07:56:52 PM »

The Kenwood pieces look like a transceiver and a separate VFO.  What are the model numbers?  It looks like they are made to match the 599/T and 599/R line or were possibly manufactured around the same time ...1970's.  Do they say Trio or Kenwood on the rear on the part tag ID?

The MT-3000 (antenna tuner) looks beat up pretty badly and on the right side the "hole" looks like the variable capacitor is most likely missing.

The other 3 pieces look to be a TNC (terminal node controller), a 2 meter FM transceiver and lastly a piece I can not identify.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
jimmie (KC8BYF)
N4ZYV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 08:01:06 PM »

No, I don't have model numbers yet. The fellow was away from home (it was his cell phone) and won't have the model numbers til sometime Saturday. Thats why I posted here. Impatient Smiley

Is that Dentron the MT3000?  Kenwood 600 huh? I figured it was a R or T599 or something similar.

The fellow bought an old farm house and found a lot of old electronic equipment inside. This is the shortwave stuff he found.
N4ZYV

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 08:14:56 PM »

Local ham sent me to RigPix (now in my "Favorites" file). Looks like a T599 and matching remote VFO. The Dentron is an MT-3000. The 2 meter is still unknown. I'll have to browse RigPix for a while and see if I can find it. Price for the lot is low and the stuff will be delivered.

N4ZYV

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 08:26:42 PM »

Ok, the 2 meter looks like a Yaesu 227R Memorizer. I like that RigPix site!

So, I may soon be in the market for a cap for that Dentron. Wink
XE3LW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 10:42:36 PM »

The large transceiver and VFO, looks very similar to the Kenwood TS-900, Hybrid HF ssb transceiver.

See
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/773

Great rig by the way, I had one long time ago.
KC2RVD

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 07:10:10 AM »

the 2M looks like rig looks like a Yaesu FT-227R

http://www.rigpix.com/yaesu/ft227r.htm
W1NK

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 07:49:08 AM »

...and that faceless green box, bottom left, looks like a Heathkit power supply.

Frank W1NK
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 10:56:19 AM »

Yep, I'm with Frank on the Heathkit power supply.  Matched one of their early 2 meter rigs if I remember correctly.

Terry, WØFM
W0FM

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:58:47 AM »

And the scanner might just be a Regency like I owned years ago.  Those are not LED's.  If it is the scanner I am thinking of I believe the red channel lights were small neon bulbs.  Could be wrong.

Terry, WØFM
N8NSN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 01:37:09 PM »

That's definitely not a T599... There is a headphone jack on it and the T599 is just a transmitter... I had a set of T/R 599 twins years ago and traded them off unfortunately... That was a good rig / set : )

The "scanner thing" is a TNC  not a scanner at all.  I am not certain but, I'm pretty sure.
KC9KXT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 01:43:06 PM »

I would'nt advise listening to jimmie, take a look at his qrz photo and check out his junk, whew!
N8NSN

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 01:57:32 PM »

K9KXT says...

I would'nt advise listening to jimmie, take a look at his qrz photo and check out his junk, whew!

Said by a fella, K9KXT (Jesse), who wants to run a CB amplifier (D&A no less) on the HF bands.  Get a grip jesse... Your pokes at me are getting really old already.

Last time I checked the HW5400 heathkit was one of the best they ever sold.
The TS850 is GREAT !
The 757 GX is a solid rig
The FT221, though old, still holds it's own.
junk?

hmmm you appear envious.  I must be something you desire to be but can't quite "get there"... Sad

By the way, Your comment on my thank you posting to N1LO and W5DXP only solidifies, in stone, my opinion of you. I am sure many others are developing the same opinion in regards to your "character" or the lack there of.

Don't let your head tingle when you notice that you are going to fight with yourself from now on.  I simply feel quite guilty matching wits with an unarmed opponent.

<shrugs>
N6AJR

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »

I can see a dentron AT3000 with parts missing and the that may be a yaesu 227 memorizer, but all of it looks like it has been wet and molded or something.  It may be a good pile to start yousef a good junk box, but I hope you did not spend very much for this stuff.  It does not look like its been taken care of at all.
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: