Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Did I Just Buy?  (Read 1242 times)
KD7HVL

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 05:00:37 PM »

Hello:  the kenwood units are the TS900 and matching VFO.  They look pretty beat up, but what you have are the same as the R599 rcvr and the T599 transmitter in one box.  The TS900 is a real nice rig and worth salvaging.  I think the TS900 is also a little rare, and not many where sold in the good old US of A.  I hope this helps
N4ZYV

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 07:35:03 PM »

Thanks guys! I've been away for couple days, just got back home. The fellow did email me some info.

It is, indeed, a TS-900 (never heard of it) with matching VFO. The Dentron is an MT-3000. The others he didn't identify yet and I'm not concerned about their specific models just now. I have a voice messege from him and will call tomorrow and will likely get the rest of the info then.

The stuff was stored for many, many years in a spare room in a farm house with a bunch of other stuff. $150 too much for it all delivered within 75 miles of my place? This is all presently in Indiana, I'm in Minnesota. He will be travelling near here in a couple of weeks.

I figure if some of it works, great! If not, perhaps some can be ressurected. There is a local fellow who is old school and regularly works on this sort of equipment. He's a retired braodcast engineer who is also a ham. He has offered to help out if needed.

For $150 I can take a chance. What do you fellows think?

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: