Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FLDIGI Question  (Read 872 times)
KC7CRR

Ignore
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:25:34 AM »

Hello to All,

Just downloaded fldigi software a few days ago and, so far, am extremely satisfied with it. There is one thing I have not figured out yet (I imagine there will be a lot more as times passes...hi).

During the configuration process I indicated that I would like the program to interface with QRZ.com for logging data. The program also asks for QRZ username and password. Seemed strange to me as that info is not normally required for access to the callsign database. Once I've finished configuration, I click on the "save" button.

Now that I'm "up and running" with fldigi, I always get the same responce when I click on a callsign in the receive window: 1)message comes up saying "Request sent to QRZ," and 2)"username/password required." So, that's the dilemma...how do I get fldigi to interface with QRZ.com (am using fldigi with Windows Vista O/S)?

Thanks in advance for any information. I did look for a Yahoo group for fldigi but only found one for LINUX users.

Bob KC7CRR

KL7AIR

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »

Not too long ago QRZ started subscription for service.  You will note that if you try to do a Forum or sell/buy something you have to be logged in.  Same as here on EHam.
Donate a few bucks to QRZ, help them keep it going. Then you will have a username/password to use the direct process.  I use it for my logging program and it works great.

Ron, KL7YK
WW5AA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 11:36:57 AM »

Sending a few bucks to QRZ is a good thing. Your progam is directing itself to the QRZ home page. Change the Address to: http://www.qrz.com/callsigns.

73 de Lindy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: