Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DELL COMPUTER SOUND CARD  (Read 190 times)
NK8A

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2008, 02:25:49 PM »

Hello, I am trying to set up psk31 with a rig blaster as I have done before. My computer is a Dell E-510. every time I go to set up with digipan, I get the message: sound card is in use, or no sound card exsits. I just wonder what should do? Thanks for any help.....73 Dave...NK8A

VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 10:25:20 PM »

"Sound card is in use" usually means that some other program, that uses the sound card, is running.

Are you running Skype?  Any kind of "internet radio" program?  Windows Media Player or WinAMP?  Any other digital-mode software (HRD, etc) ?

Charles
WD0ERU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:51:28 AM »

Make sure that the correct sound card is chosen within your digipan software. I'm assuming (may be incorrect here) that your RigBlaster has it's own sound card and for whatever reason, your software may be trying to use the sound card from your DELL.

73's
David

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 09:51:37 AM »

Hi Dave, just remember when using PSK-31 that you have to setup your Windows sound program and your PSK-31 software program both with the same setting or you will get the "Program in use" message.  Bill
W6RWY

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 04:35:32 PM »

I also have a Dell D530, and am running Digipan 2.0. I am used to Windows XP, but now have Vista. When I try to set up Digipan, I get no sound card info onscreen. I also do not get the sound card info as in XP when I click on the "speaker" symbol. What is the secret???
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: