Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: modification  (Read 537 times)
W8TOG

Ignore
« on: October 31, 2008, 02:46:21 PM »

I need the modification to operate on MARS on an IC-756 PRO III.
KG6WLS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »

mods.dk
WB2WIK

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 04:00:51 PM »

>modification       Reply
by W8TOG on October 31, 2008    Mail this to a friend!
I need the modification to operate on MARS<

::Holy cow!  I check in with the NASA website now and then and I completely missed that we landed someone on Mars.  I know there's a little robot there digging up the soil and stuff.

Let us know, how's the WX and are there any McDonald's set up yet?

;-)
K5PEW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:19:07 PM »

Exerpted from:

http://www.skysdaughter.com/icom746-faq.pdf

"Most people who ask about modifying their radio are looking for ways to make the IC-746 transmit or receive additional non-amateur RF bands. The 746 already has general receive coverage from 0.5 to 60.0Mhs, so no "mod" there.
Modifying the IC-746 to transmit outside of the amateur bands is generally considered to be illegal. There are a few exceptions; like perhaps MARS/CAP, transverter usage, changes/additions to ham bands, etc..., but they can become controversial.
Icom will give you the correct mod for your IC-746 based upon your serial number, providing you give them a copy of your MARS license to prove eligibility. If you let Icom make the mod for you (small fee plus shipping), then the mod will not void your warranty
That said, MARS/CAP/TX/RX modifications for the IC-746 (and many other radios) can be found at:

http://www.mods.dk/

Another source for the TX/RX mods is QRZ.COM

http://www.qrz.com/download/mods-i-k/ic746.txt

Pay close attention, as there are two distinct mod procedures, which correspond to the differing placement of the programming diodes on the PCB."
KG6WLS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 04:35:54 PM »

"Let us know, how's the WX and are there any McDonald's set up yet?"

Pat & Oscars would be a treat too. And some beer to go with those bread sticks. Mmmm.

BTW, it was a 756PROIII, not the 746PRO. But, mods.dk still has it.

Life on MARS. Yeah, that would be cool.

WA9SVD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2008, 07:34:43 AM »

The modification of Amateur equipment for transmission outside the Amateur bands is not, nor is it considered, illegal.  the USE of such equipment to transmit outside the Amateur bands IS illegal; the sole exception is a MARS authorized station.  (CAP or other services no longer permit use of modified Amateur equipment.)
WG7X

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2008, 08:13:02 AM »

Ok, OK OK!

Knock it off already!

MARS is an acronym, and Mars is a planet!

I'm here to tell you that Micky Dee's, Wandy's and the Booger King have been to Mars and there are already small strip malls there for your shopping pleasure.

Just stop by Brazil on the way to replenish the beef supply and zip by the moon for a bit of the "bleu cheese" we all like for that good 'ol cheesburger and we are on the way!

CU there... I'll be the one building a PIAZZA Hut...

73 Gary

PS: Intentional mis-spelling of corporate names so they don't get jealous and scoop my ideas...
KB1LKR

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2008, 09:20:15 AM »

Icom should also be able to provide the factory recommended mod for MARS service too, send them an e-mail w/ your MARS callsign or call'm.

Alternately check w/ your local MARS organization, they may have the info, and/or others operating modded 756-PROs.
KC0RBX

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2008, 08:04:03 PM »

Are female hams from Venus?  Couldn't resist.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: