Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CTCSS tones on Heathkit HW 2036A  (Read 1964 times)
VE3MTL

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2003, 10:09:24 AM »

Can anyone tell me how to change the PL tones in the Heathkit HW-2036A?  All three tone settings presently generate the same  (about 250 Hz) tone.

I would greatly any information on this venerable rig.

73 de VE3MTL
OBSERVER11

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 01:27:06 AM »

unless someone added a ctcss board, the hw2036/a did not have PL/CG/CTCSS...

If someone added a board, look to see who made the board and perhaps i can help you further.
KB6JN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 09:48:11 PM »

If memory serves me, the PL tones were generated by an op-amp with a circuit that switched one of three blue trimpots into the oscillator circuit.  If all switch settings produce the same tone, then I would suspect the wiring or switch contacts connecting these trimpots to the "PL Tone Switch" on the front panel.

I lost my HW-2036A in the recent San Diego "Cedar" Fire, and would be interested in purchasing a radio in excellent condition, if one is available.

Walt DeMore
KB6JN
N4ASX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 01:01:09 PM »

Your correct. There are 3 trim pots and a PL tone select on the front panel. You will need to have a frequency counter that can read the audio freqency levels.

I have a 2036A, but need to find the manual to tune it up and I think the one I have is a 2036 and needs the mod to expand the coverage from 2 to 4 Mhz.

73 Rick
N4ASX
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: